Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Set List from Thunder Valley Concert plus some new info (Read 724 times)
dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Set List from Thunder Valley Concert plus some new info
Jul 21st, 2016 at 11:08pm

I attended the Romantics concert on July 15, 2016, where they opened for .38 Special and Rick Springfield.  They played a short set, but in the time they were on stage they really delivered and got this guy reved up and wishing for more.  Here is the set list:

Rock You Up
Friday at the Hide Out
We Gotta Get Out of This Place (song from new album)
Stone Pony (Mike on lead vocals)
Talking in Your Sleep
What I Like About You

In addition to touring alot both this and last year, the Romantics made time to do some recording.  They released on i-tunes in December a single called To: You.  The two tracks are "Coming Back Home" and "Deck the Halls".  In May they released another single of two tracks off their new album entitled Up From the Rubble.  The tracks are:  "Day Dream Believer" (the Monkees) and "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" (the Animals).  As I understand it, the new album will contain two new original songs, several covers of songs from artists the Romantics admire, and several new recordings of previously released songs by the Romantics.  As I see it, the Romantics are keeping it fun and themselves relevant.  If anyone has additional information regarding the new recordings I hope you will post it.

I hope alot of you have had the chance to see the Romantics this year, or will have the chance to, as they continue to rock this summer and fall.   

IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Set List from Thunder Valley Concert plus some new info
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2016 at 11:25pm

On Monday August 22, Wally Palmar will be interviewed on the Ray Shasho Show on BBS Radio.  The internet broadcast runs from 3:00 pm pacific time to 3:55 pm pacific time.  Hope you can listien in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.