Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
June 20, 2012 @ Chicago House of Blues (Read 611 times)
BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
June 20, 2012 @ Chicago House of Blues
May 23rd, 2012 at 3:55am

I got my tickets today!

Romantics headlining with the English Beat opening up the show.   Anyone else going?

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: June 20, 2012 @ Chicago House of Blues
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2012 at 6:36am

I would love to see this double bill, but my wife is a Foo Fan, and we are taking out a loan to see them at Summerfest!

When did the price you pay for conveience get to be nearly 30 dollars for a web ordered ticket , you print yourself at home? (talking about Foo show not Romantics)

I remember waiting outside overnight to get tickets to see so many bands in the early 80's and there were no extra costs.

I'm sure the HOB will be a great night, and look out for the mirror in the bathroom.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2012 at 8:39pm

rockford_boy wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 6:36am:
I'm sure the HOB will be a great night, and look out for the mirror in the bathroom.

We will go to a restaurant that has glass tables you can watch yourself while you are eating.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 1:33am

Show is tonight...I'm pretty jacked up to rock!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:04pm

Hey Brew, how was the show?  I haven't seen them in so long that I am way overdue!  Seems kinda weird posting on the message board again.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 1:49am

Yeah, it's been a few years since I've seen them play.  Rich has stepped in nicely as the bass player, and he looks good!  They played lots of old stuff, mostly from the first LP. 
Bookies, I know you've always been a big Mike fan, and I acknowledge that he's an important part of the band, but he's gotten pretty sloppy on his lead guitar work.  He kept playing the wrong parts on "Talking in Your Sleep" and pretty much messed up the song.  He also almost fell over on stage once, too.  When he got into the groove, his playing was really good, though.  But he also kept going into guitar solos...not really what I think of when I think Romantics.  In my opinion, and I'm not a professional musician, Coz is a way better lead guitarist than Mike.
Having said that, they put on a good rockin' entertaining show as always.  The highlight was when they played "Stone Pony" and "Tomboy" back-to-back.  Whew!!  I was really surprised (and slightly disappointed) that they didn't play a single song from 61/49.  They also didn't play any new songs, so that indicated to me that they aren't anywhere close to getting a new album anytime soon (bummer).

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:23am

Sounds like it was a great show.  Glad you enjoyed it.  I look forward to seeing them live again when they are in an area close by.  Also looking forward to some new tunes when they are able to put another album together.  Keep up the great work guys.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.