Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Very important question to everyone regarding The Romantics!!! (Read 790 times)
domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Very important question to everyone regarding The Romantics!!!
Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:23pm

I have a question for everyone, including fans, friends and family of The Romantics. Does anyone on here have prior experience mixing multitrack recordings? Not only would this person need to have prior experience and professional ability, but they would also need to have the proper setup either in a studio or home studio. This could mean using ProTools or comparable software.

As all of you know, we are here to glorify The Romantics as a band and as artists. If we can find a fan/friend who is willing to donate their time and services as a sound engineer to mix a simple live rock recording, the result would be an amazing live album. The Romantics could sell this album on CD as merchandise at live concerts and online, in addition to offering the live album on Amazon and iTunes.

This live album would be called "The Romantics: Greatest Hits Live," or "The Romantics: Live In Concert."

I know that the band has live recordings in their archives. Once we find someone who is willing to help, they will supply that person with the original multitrack recordings and allow them to mix the album.

This is a project that is long overdue. All of us need to put our heads together and think as one.

IP Logged

domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Re: Very important question to everyone regarding The Romantics!!!
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:36pm

The Romantics Live Album Tracklist (final selection may vary)

1. When I Look In Your Eyes
2. Rock You Up
3. 61/49
4. One In A Million
5. Devil In Me
6. Midnight To Six Man
7. Talking In Your Sleep
8. Night Like This
9 Little White Lies
10. She's Got Everything
11. Do Me Anyway You Wanna
12. Out Of My Mind Into My Head
13. Little White Lies
14. Gimme One More Chance
15. Keep In Touch
16. Girl Next Door
17. When The Angels Hear Me Callin'
18. I Need You
19. Tomboy
20. What I Like About You

Live concert personnel will either feature Wally Palmar, Mike Skill, Coz Canler, Brad Elvis or the alternate lineup with Wally Palmar, Mike Skill, Coz Canler and Clem Burke.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2011 at 8:39am

Oldfriend?

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2011 at 8:42am

domingo wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:36pm:
The Romantics Live Album Tracklist (final selection may vary)

1. When I Look In Your Eyes
2. Rock You Up
3. 61/49
4. One In A Million
5. Devil In Me
6. Midnight To Six Man
7. Talking In Your Sleep
8. Night Like This
9 Little White Lies
10. She's Got Everything
11. Do Me Anyway You Wanna
12. Out Of My Mind Into My Head
13. Little White Lies
14. Gimme One More Chance
15. Keep In Touch
16. Girl Next Door
17. When The Angels Hear Me Callin'
18. I Need You
19. Tomboy
20. What I Like About You

Not a bad start, but you gotta have "Stone Pony" in there!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2011 at 8:37am

Yes my friend, Stone Pony would be a very good song for the live album! Now that Rich Cole is back with the band, this is the time to record a live album. Everything is falling into place and I have a feeling we will see change very soon. Some people here say that it is far too costly, but this is not the case. If we can find someone who has the equipment and who is willing to donate their time and energy to tracking each instrument at the concert and later going back and mixing the album, it would be very affordable. Contrary to popular belief, modern technology enables anyone to make quality recordings on a shoestring budget.

Case in point, look at the numerous live albums released by The Paul Collins Beat. They were less famous than The Romantics, but have a large cult following because of their numerous live recordings, Collins' early band The Nerves and their overall internet presence.

If The Romantics think that all they have to do is show up to each gig, perform the concert and then fly back home, they are very wrong. We, the fans, want to hear new studio recordings, unreleased recordings either old live concerts or demos from the past and of course a new live album!

IP Logged

domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2011 at 8:38am

Now that Rich Cole is back with The Romantics, they can also add Tell It To Carrie and Gimme One More Chance to their setlist for the live album.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.