Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rock Stars (Read 683 times)
domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Rock Stars
Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:16pm

One thing I have noticed is that rock stars usually start their musical careers with the best of intentions. Once they become wealthy and start living a priveleged life, everything changes. Sure, their songwriting might be consistently good, but they are rarely honest about who and what they are after this transformation.

Rockstars sing about creating change and fighting corruption and hypocrisy, but they are walking contradictions. The truth is, they should be writing songs about they don't like touring or their daily massage oil is not warm enough.

If Aerosmith wants to eat the rich, then I assume they want to eat themselves. Most Aerosmith fans will probably never see the vast wealth or live a life of luxury like the members of Aerosmith.

One thing is for sure; The Romantics have stayed true to their rock and roll roots. Sure they have made some money from their music, but they are still active in music outside of their touring and recording with The Romantics. They are regular people playing good music for the people. The music of The Romantics is anything but self indulgent; it's made to remain timeless and hip to all generations.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: Rock Stars
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 9:47pm

Amen to that, brother.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 11:55pm

It's all about staying true to yourself.  Once and a&^ always one!  That doesn't change!  Usually if you are good people inside, you stay that way.  Life shouldn't change your true heart and soul.
Look at Ringo Starr for example.  Gives back to charity all the time.  The proceeds from his artwork go stictly to charity.  He just did something for one of the children at Make-A-Wish.  Really great to just give back and remember where you came from.  That's what it's all about.  Not letting it go straight to your head!
The Romantics are all down to earth, great guys.  Wally always gives to charities and helps out where he can.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

marilyn
YaBB Newbies

The Romantics Message
Board

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 1:30am

I think most rock stars are supposed to be rebels
to break the conservative status quo
going way back to jerry lee and elvis
to change a generation or shake things up
if they started out as poor boys let them make their own money from music which is very common in England
where most kids just have a sense of humour to get by

IP Logged

mrjay
YaBB Newbies

The Romantics Message
Board

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:37am

marilyn wrote on Apr 12th, 2011 at 1:30am:
I think most rock stars are supposed to be rebels
to break the conservative status quo
going way back to jerry lee and elvis
to change a generation or shake things up
if they started out as poor boys let them make their own money from music which is very common in England
where most kids just have a sense of humour to get by

Yeah```U said all right , I agree with U ...

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 2:35pm

solodka wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 11:55pm:
It's all about staying true to yourself.  Once and a&^ always one!  That doesn't change!  Usually if you are good people inside, you stay that way.  Life shouldn't change your true heart and soul.
Look at Ringo Starr for example.  Gives back to charity all the time.  The proceeds from his artwork go stictly to charity.  He just did something for one of the children at Make-A-Wish.  Really great to just give back and remember where you came from.  That's what it's all about.  Not letting it go straight to your head!
The Romantics are all down to earth, great guys.  Wally always gives to charities and helps out where he can.

Which is why I LOVE the Romantics--I didn't get to know them until the past few years, but I have a feeling that they have always been nice to their fans! Smiley

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.