Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Romantics new studio album (Read 380 times)
domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

The Romantics new studio album
Mar 31st, 2011 at 12:48pm

I was wondering what is the status of The Romantics' new studio album? When I've talked to the band after shows more recently, they told me that they are still working on songs. "61/49" was an amazing album and well-worth the wait, but it leaves you wanting to hear more songs and that is frustrating.

The only recording activity I have seen of The Romantics was this past year, when Wally played on the album "King Of Powerpop" for The Paul Collins Beat. The Beat recorded that album at Jim Diamond's Ghetto Recorders, which is the same recording studio where The Romantics recorded "61/49," and where The White Stripes made some excellent recordings. I suspect that they will release a live CD or DVD of Wally performing with Ringo Starr's All Starr Band as they have done with previous lineups. However, such releases will satisfy our cravings only temporarily.

If The Romantics are still working on material for the new studio album, they should release a 20-song Greatest Hits Live CD, which could be sold with merchandise at shows. I love seeing The Romantics in a live setting and a new live album would capture the band's energy and bite of their loud guitars.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: The Romantics new studio album
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:36pm

True that.  It's been almost 8 YEARS since 61/49 was released.  Way too long.  We are starving for some new Romantics music.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Re: The Romantics new studio album
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 11:51am

Yes my friend, 8 years is far too long. At this rate, it will be the same time distance from "Made In Detroit" to "61/49." Whenever I have asked the band about it, they basically tell me the same thing. I believe them about that, because it makes sense to finish writing and arranging the songs and have them chosen before going into the studio to record.

I have some ideas of people who could produce The Romantics' new album.  Assuming they did not choose Jim Diamond again, my first idea is Dave Clark from The Dave Clark Five, but I know he does produce albums for other artists. My second idea is Robert Harrison from the groups Cotton Mather and Future Clouds & Radar. Although he is famous in Europe, Harrison owns a studio in America and has produced some major albums in modern rock and indie rock.

The Cotton Mather album "Kontiki" is considered a masterpiece and his approach is somewhat similar to that of Jim Diamond. My next idea would be Tommy James from Tommy James & The Shondells and I know that he does produce albums for artists. I can just hear the guitar from the song "Hanky Panky," all of those 60s songs were timeless. Tommy's voice sounds 100% the same as it did during the 1960s, so they could even have him contribute background vocals or play his vintage Fender Jazzmaster guitar.

Who would you like to see produce The Romantics' next album?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.