Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wally part of RPM 2011 (Rock & Pop Masters) group lineup (Read 1106 times)
domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Wally part of RPM 2011 (Rock & Pop Masters) group lineup
Mar 27th, 2011 at 3:03am

I was happy to see Wally is part of the RPM lineup. The band includes well-known singers and players. These guys are the cream of the crop of classic rock artists and the lineup includes members of groups such as Blue Oyster Cult, The Rascals, Santana, Kansas, Spencer Davis, Tommy Tutone, Journey, Spin Doctors, Badfinger and The Desert Rose Band to name a few.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that guitar virtuoso John Jorgenson is part of the RPM lineup. During the 80s, I had two favorite bands, The Romantics and The Desert Rose Band. Desert Rose combined Byrdsy 12 strings and power pop elements with high energy country and rock. They had so many great songs including "Summer Wind," "She Don't Love Nobody," "Will This Be The Day," "I Still Believe In You," "Start All Over Again" and "Glass Hearts." They featured John Jorgenson on guitar, singer Chris Hillman of The Byrds/Flying Burrito Brothers on vocals and harmony expert Herb Pedersen, whose voice you might know from the duet song "If I Could Only Win Your Love" with Emmylou Harris.

Like The Romantics, The Desert Rose Band still perform live shows around the band members' other projects. I hope to see John Jorgenson play lead guitar on Talking In Your Sleep when Wally takes his turn to perform. I know that John has several Rickenbackers in addition to his large collection of Fender Telecasters and G &L guitars. Somewhat similar to Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band, RPM rotates throughout the set, allowing each member to take turns performing.

RPM has also done work performing for the U.S. troops, which clearly shows these guys have big hearts. Until President Obama stops entering more wars and trying to create a one world government (like Bush), by spending U.S. tax dollars to unconstitutionally force democracy on and invade soverign nations, we need to continue to show love and support for our troops. They have the toughest jobs of anyone in America.

It's time to take care of America first and that includes our citizens and brave servicmen and servicewomen. Thank the troops and thank RPM for showing them we care with rock 'n roll. Wally is the epitome of an American rock star.

IP Logged

domingo

The Romantics Message
Board

Re: Wally part of RPM 2011 (Rock & Pop Masters) group lineup
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:58am

Here is an interview link where Wally is interviewed regarding RPM. Notice his Rickenbacker is resting on the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgBJbYkfKw0

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.