Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Test Of Time video (very rare) (Read 2087 times)
Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Test Of Time video (very rare)
Jan 22nd, 2009 at 9:54am

Found the very rare Test Of Time video on youtube. I dont remember seeing this more than once on MTV...

Sorry, I can't figure out how to make this a live link.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9JlmoQmc4M

IP Logged

KGRamone
YaBB Newbies

We want new Romantics
tunes!

Louisville, Ky.
Re: Test Of Time video (very rare)
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 3:36am

I hear ya, Rob. I remember seeing it as a world premier on Friday Night Videos, not sure if I ever saw it on MTV. Sad. As my friend Joe said at the time, "Even the video isn't hot."

I know you're not a fan of that song because it spelled the beginning of the end. I like the song, I just never liked it as a single. Of course, neither did the band, but no one asked them at the time ...

http://www.facebook.com/KGRamone  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 11:08pm

Got a glimpse of the white snakeskin suits in the 2nd half of the video!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 6:30am

KGRamone wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 3:36am:
I hear ya, Rob. I remember seeing it as a world premier on Friday Night Videos, not sure if I ever saw it on MTV. Sad. As my friend Joe said at the time, "Even the video isn't hot."

I know you're not a fan of that song because it spelled the beginning of the end. I like the song, I just never liked it as a single. Of course, neither did the band, but no one asked them at the time ...

Hey Kevin..good to hear from ya! It's not that I disliked the song, just thought it was a horrible first single. At the time, it had been 2 years since In Heat, and they needed another hit single to keep the momentum going...especially since Jimmy had left. I get the nod to Motown, but it just wasn't strong enought to get a reaction out of people. In fact, I never heard it played live on the Rhythm Romance tour.  It's too bad the record label forced this on them as the first single, because there were some decent tunes on that album.

IP Logged

Jonny Taco
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 12:29pm

I also thought this song was a very bad choice for the 1st single though I do like the mix of it much better than what I heard off of the greatest hits record (What I Like About You and other Romantic Hits) which I assume is the same as what's on Rhythm Romance (which I never bought or heard).  Wally's vocals aren't so layered and everything else is not quite so slick.  I thought Coz's solo sounded much better also.  I also remember that the video was made for $72,000.

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 9:04am

If I remember correctly,the 2nd single was "Mystified",which sounded to me like their management or record company told them: "Okay boys,we need another Talking In Your Sleep". I bought the 45 dance re-mix version of the song,and had the DJ at the club I hung out in play it.20 seconds into the song the dance floor cleared,I'm not kidding.He played the whole song and then handed me the 45 back and told me to get the hell out of the DJ booth.True story.

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.