Tigers Town!
RIP Ron Asheton
Jan 7th, 2009 at 4:23am

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: RIP Ron Asheton
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 8:47pm

Sad prediction, but you will now see The Stooges "finally" get into the RRHOF. It seems every punk band has a death before being let though the doors.

If your a guitar geek Ron just had a signature guitar line come out this last year, and they looked pretty cool. Go to premier guitar magazines web site and type in Ron's name, you will find it. He had the chance to gig with his namesake guitar for several months before his passing.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: RIP Ron Asheton
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 8:17am

I had the opportunity to meet him and and actually jam with him twice at the old Lili's 21 in Hamtramck, and one of those times Mitch Ryder was also in on the jam (and I have video of both times to prove it). Ron was a very easy going humble person from what I could tell. Very friendly and down to earth. He will be missed. Just a thought. Does this mean that the Stooges are definitely over? What I am thinking is this. The ONLY guitar player they could get at this point and still keep the integrity of the Stooges would be James Williamson. After all, he was the guitarist on the Raw Power album, and Ron was playing bass on that album. James Williamson's style was actually very similar to Ron Ashetons. Raw and kind of simple and basic. I am sure that James Williamson could do justice live to the material from the first two Stooges albums. What do you think?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.