Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Deastro (Read 3318 times)
oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Deastro
Aug 23rd, 2008 at 12:20pm

Now that it looks like the Weakend is history, I thought I would plug the band my son Jeff and two of his Weakend bandmates are now in called Deastro. They will be playing at the Arts, Eats, and Beats on Friday.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Deastro
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 12:24am

Deastro will be playing a big show in New York City for some label big shots on 9/11 and then will be at the Detroit Fillmore (the old State Theater) on 9/17 for MTV's rock the vote show.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 3:22am

Deastro is at the Pike Room in Pontiac this Friday the 17th.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 12:26am

Deastro (my son Jeff's new band) will be playing at the New Way in Ferndale on Woodward just north of 9 mile on Saturday November 8th. Hope some poeple can make it. You'll be surprised at what you hear I think. Believe it or not, when they just played a showcase show in New York last week, the manager of Oasis flew from England just to see them. He told the band that he wants to manage them. We'll see what happens. They were also talked to by Radiohead's management. There is a nice article about Deastro in this months (November issue) of Spin magazine.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 11:46pm

Wow...those are some pretty heavy hitters.  Good luck with that!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:43pm

The New Way show this Saturday got canceled, so Deastro will be at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor this Saturday instead.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 8:29am

Im telling you guys, see this band now in a small club while you can. The momentum is building. They were Real Detroit's band of the year. Radiohead's manager contacted them and wants to manage them. Austin City Limits wants to put them on TV. A couple of major labels have showed interest. They ARE going to be the next big thing out of Detroit. I just feel it. Go see them now while you have the chance to see them in a club setting.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 10:19am

SOUNDS LIKE THERE MAKING SOME GOOD NOISE AND HAVING SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE SEEKING AFTER THERE TALENTS. HOPE THERE RIDE CONTINUES TO THE TOP!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 10:01pm

Me too. Maybe then I can retire.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2009 at 11:09pm

Tonight at the Majestic, then it's off to England, Scotland, and Ireland in September.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.