Send Topic Print
Rich Cole??? (Read 6760 times)
knownote
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Rich Cole???
Aug 10th, 2008 at 7:19am

Whatever happened to Rich Cole?

And what about Jimmy Marinos?  Are they still doing music, or did they get out of music altogether? I know a few years back Jimmy had the Motor City Rockers, but I haven't heard anything out of him since then.  And I've never heard anything else from rich cole.

Joe

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: Rich Cole???
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 5:05am

I think Rich is doing heating and air conditioning in the Detroit area.  Bookies, didn't you use his services?  He appeared with the Romantics for a coupla Detroit area shows within the last 2-3 years, IIRC.  So did Jimmy, for that matter.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:08am

Rich is rehearsing lately with some veteran Detroit musicians playing mostly obscure cover tunes right now. Some originals will work their way into the setlist up the road, probably coming from the bands that these guys were in years past. The drummer was in a band a LONG time ago that played at the Grande Ballroom who's lead singer was Johnny Angelos. The singer in this band has played with Bootsey X and The Lovemasters as well as a short stint in Dark Carnival with Ron Ashton of the Stooges. The guitar player/ (sometimes keyboard player) is just some guy who is a relative of Rich.

IP Logged

knownote
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 8:21am

Interesting Rich is doing heating and air....seems a lot of musicians who aren't really tied up in the biz anymore do heating and air, or either construction.

I couldn't imagine Jimmy doing heating and air OR construction for that matter.  Can you imagine trying to fit a hard hat over all that hair!
Grin

Joe

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 8:56am

Then that would be "Heating and Hair!"

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 9:53pm

Rich might be playing out next month if the band is rehearsed enough and ready. Things are in the early stages right now. They also have to come up with a name, which hasn't been decided yet.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 12:16pm

I'm the one who had Rich install my A/C!  It's keeping me cool as I type! Smiley

Oldfriend--let me know when he plays-- if my hubby's band is not playing, we'll come out and see him!!!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2009 at 11:20pm

The band has the music down for about 30 songs, but after trying two different guys to be the lead singer, it looks like neither one will work out. Still looking for a singer, preferably someone who can play some guitar as well.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 10:58am

Did you take out an ad on The Romantics site?  Maybe you can convince Wally! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 10:07pm

I told Wally that if he had time for a side project that we would love to have him. He already knows most of the songs. He would be a perfect fit.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 10:35pm

Amazing coincidence!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #11 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 5:10am

So.... what's the scoop Oldfriend?

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 10:50pm

It's really getting there now! We could probably play one set right now if we had to, but we're going to tighten this thing up more and add some more songs before we play out, including a few with keyboards since I just got my Vox Continental serviced. Hopefully there will be a gig before Wally leaves with Ringo.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.