Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
George Carlin (Read 1684 times)
Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
George Carlin
Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:15am

I'm not going to say "R.I.P" or anything corny like that because he had alot of hysterical bits about death.His observations of everyday life were pure genius.There is a very funny cartoon in todays NY Daily News of George standing at the pearly gates,and all
St Peter says is " You gotta be *%#!@ kidding me!"
I think George would have gotten a big kick out of that cartoon.He will be missed.

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: George Carlin
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:36am

And will go down in history for being known for bit about the 7 Dirty Words that you can't say on television!  He always was able to make me laugh!  He also had a hilarious routine about “stuff,” saying that your house was really just a place for your stuff, and how difficult it was to go on vacation and stay in a room full of someone else’s stuff.  Smileyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLoge6QzcGY
GEORGE CARLIN: That's the first thing you do in a hotel room is put away your stuff. Put stuff in here, put some stuff down there.

CARLIN: You put your stuff over there, I'm putting my stuff over here. Here's another place to put some stuff. Hey, we got more places than we've got stuff! We're gonna have to buy more stuff!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Re: George Carlin
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 1:29am

George Carlin really had a way of putting little things into perspective. The world has lost yet another creative genius!!
Too bad I  never got to see him live! Howeve, all hail to Youtube! Smiley

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.