Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk  June 20, 2008 (Read 336 times)
solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk  June 20, 2008
Jun 21st, 2008 at 9:25pm

Friday, June 20, 2008 6:30  and 8:30
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Santa Cruz, CA
http://www.beachboardwalk.com/concerts/

Hey Dennis!  Did you go see these shows?  This one was a 2fer!   Waiting for some reviews!Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk  June 20, 2008
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 10:36pm

The Romantics played a double header on the Santa Cruz Beach Board Walk yesterday.  Their first set, for which I arrived late, was played in the early evening when the temperature hovered in the low 90's.  Out side of a small breeze, the guys sweated it out in front of a large, appreciative audience.  Between sets, the Romantics sat at a table at the side of the stage and signed autographs and chatted with their fans.  Their second show started at 8:30, as a cool breeze wafted in from the ocean.  This seemed to energize the band which in turn energized the audience.  This time the crowd was larger and alot more responsive.  I have long held the opinion that a great audience translates into a great show, and the second set was a great show!  The Romantics rocked harder and demonstrated how much they enjoy playing for their fans.

As I mentioned, I arrived late for the first show, and in the rush forgot to write down the set list.  But the following, in order, is the list of songs the Romantics played during the second show:

Rock You Up
When I Look in Your Eyes
61/49
Devil in Me
"Jam Session" (I don't know if this interlude has a title, but the guys just ripped into this instrumental which absolutely blew the crowd away)
Night Like This
Respect
Talking in Your Sleep
Stone Pony (Mike on lead vocals)
Tom Boy
Tonight
I Need You
What I Like About You

I do remember enough of the first set to know they also played:

Come See Me (I'm Your Man)
First in Line
She's Got Everything
One in a Million
New Kind of Pain

Thank you Romantics for playing another awesome show and for putting some happiness in this fans life.

dennis

IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk  June 20, 2008
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 6:51am

also, I want to say a special thankyou to Brad for allowing me to drum along with him during What I Like About You Grin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.