Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re-Release of National Breakout? (Read 912 times)
Kiebach
Ex Member

Re-Release of National Breakout?
Jan 4th, 2008 at 8:40pm

I am new to these boards. I have all of the first five Romantics albums on LP and tape. I also have all but this one on CD, and the prices are out of control for this used CD. I remember "back in the day" it was hard to get also. I hope this is for real, can anyone confirm this?

http://www.amazon.com/Romantics-National-Breakout/dp/B0011FDV90/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UT...

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Re-Release of National Breakout?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 3:31am

Don't know, but it sounds like that is what American Beat seems to do:

http://www.musictap.net/Reviews/AmericanBeatReissueLabelCD.html

Looks like it will be released sometime next month. Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 10:57pm

I bought a used cd of National Breakout on Ebay a few years ago, to replace my long ago worn out cassette!  It was relatively inexpensive, but maybe prices have gone up since then. Album suffered from some poor sound engineering (sounds like it was recorded on the bottom of the Grand  Canyon) but it has some great songs on it.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 11:36pm

Tomboy and Stone Pony!  That was a great underappreciated album.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 3:58am

I was just at the Grand Canyon. It wasn't recorded there, tooooo Damn cold. But, pretty!

It could have been recorded at an empty Silver Dome after one of those lousy Football games. Then came Billy Sims! There were some exciting plays when he was there during the early 80's.

That's just a guess, Wally and Mike would know better.

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 8:31am

I always found Forever Yours, and Take Me Out Of The Rain to be extremely catchy songs. 21 And Over had an awesome Dick Dale, surf rock style  solo in the middle of the song, and Tomboy still kicks ass after all these years.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 6:55am

Amazon is full of information for this re-release  Roll Eyes  Seriously do we know if this is simply a re-release, remastered, perhaps some extras to it?  Anything...anyone?   Cool

IP Logged

KGRamone
YaBB Newbies

We want new Romantics
tunes!

Louisville, Ky.
Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 8:18pm

I have a promo single from National Breakout that has a live version of "I Ain't Got You." That would be a perfect extra to throw in.

And I agree, Rob -- Tomboy will always kick ass.

http://www.facebook.com/KGRamone  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 7:43am

If anyone's looking for this, it's out now.  I picked one up at the Romantics Skokie show in August.  It's a re-release of the first album and "National Breakout" together on one cd, released in  2007 by American Beat Records, a division of Sony BMG Music.

It says on the package that this is the first time that "National Breakout" is available on cd.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 9:40am

Funny how the Record company of the band doesn't even know what has or has not been released. I have N.B. on CD along with the 1st, 3rd and 4th releases. What goof balls!

I did like how another former CBS band, The Producers and The Elvis Brothers (brad's ol' group), had their two first LP's released on one CD. It saved me from working with the LP's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.