Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
WOW (Read 1956 times)
toke_ares
Ex Member

WOW
Nov 23rd, 2007 at 2:24pm

YOU GUYS SUCK BALLS, I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF YOU UNTIL I SAW THAT YOU ARE GETTING GUITAR HERO ROCK THE 80S PULLED OFF THE SHELF BECAUSE YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE SPECIAL OR SOMETHING --- IT WOULD PROBABLY HELP WITH EXPOSURE OF YOUR SONG RETARDS, KIDS DONT LISTEN TO YOUR GRANDPA SHIT ANYMORE UNLESS ITS IN A GAME - EVERYONE HATES YOU NOW AND I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT CAUSE EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT IT

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: WOW
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 8:06pm

And your accomplishment is life is what?

Spamming multiple posts from a computer while you "fiddle about" in your PJ's.

The web makes "little people" very powerful, then it's back to real life.

All further comments with ignorance and vulgar language will only support my last two statements.

So, fire away. I've got my Coco and mini marshmellows, and lots of time.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 9:02pm

Hey toke (it's obvious that you do a lot of that), go listen to your Fall Out Boy and Britney Spears cds, and while you're at it, try to get out of your bedroom in your mom's house and find something to do with your life other than playing your Xbox all day.

IP Logged

applesauce
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 11:12pm

thats a good one old friend

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 11:33pm

Just curious....is it being pulled off the shelves? This is the first I have heard of any problems. And, is it due to some Romantics licensing and/or royalty issues?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2007 at 6:51am

I think they are waiting for a judge to make that call.  I just read a comment resulting from one of the discussions that seems pretty accurate for a change!

Activision cheaped out!
The issue here is Activision cheaped out. They could have secured full rights for the original song, at additional cost, but instead chose to only pay for the rights to cover the song. Then they proceeded to make a version that sounded exactly like the original. It's not like Activision isn't making a fortune. They really don't need to rip off the artists that made this game a hit. I think its pretty sleazy on their part.
posted by : Chris Nickel-Felton, 23 November 2007

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/23/romantics-sue-guitar-hero

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2007 at 11:02pm

Obviously, the BOY's parents never taught him anything about manners!  Of course, that DOES means that he likes the song enough to want to play it....

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2007 at 12:41pm

Toke...must be what you do all day with the weed you have been smoking... I think U suck b@lls...You must have been living under a rock to have never heard of the Romantics....U can't even put gas in your car or go to a sporting event without hearing "What I Like About you" or even a tv commercial. Anyway Jackass go get a job and find something else to do with your pathetic life cause YOU ARE SHOT !!
F@#K OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2007 at 6:32am by jonnie2224 »  

IP Logged

applesauce
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 2:40am

AngryToke youre a jerk

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #9 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 7:09am

I guess any 5 year old can get on a message board they have never been to and post a bunch of B.S.  just to try and piss off the real fans.  What an idiot...nuff said.   Cool

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 10:01pm

I saw for the first time last night Guitar Hero. I don't get it. It is basically a new twist on the LAME game of Simon. Match the little colors and you win.

I would much rather play my real guitars and not waste my time on this game. Our drummer is into this FAD and has each version, sans the 80's one in question. He can't even play the pseudo drums with the New band version, but can and does play the real drums quite well.

The song he played for me was The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go", and if that wasn't a Master tape of The Clash I was be surprised. I don't know how anyone could not believe it wasn't the real song, if it was a cover.

That is my confusion, he played several tracks and they matched to a "T". Are all the tunes on Version 1 and 2 covers, or are they combinations of REAL and Cover tracks?

IP Logged

scum1
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 6:18pm

While toke is a dumbass I have to admit he has a point. Many other bands songs were covered and they enjoyed the attention it brought them. Until guitar hero 3 all the songs were done by cover bands. usually it says "song title as made famous by"  People knew it was a cover band. Still many bands have garnered new fans through the guitar hero series. This whole lawsuit just makes the Romantics look desperate and greedy.  I predict they will lose the lawsuit as well as piss of a  new generation of possible fans. I know my kids have discovered many older bands through guitar hero and ask me about them.

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Dec 10th, 2007 at 5:27am

Scum is wrong about Guitar Hero. Version II did use The Clash "Should I Stay" from the actual master tapes and paid the proper fee to the band and it's heirs.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #13 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 8:39am

This is what I found on Wikipedia:

Guitar Hero I features 47 playable songs; 30 of these tracks are covers of the originals recorded by WaveGroup Sound. The additional 17 songs were original recordings.

Most of the songs featured in the main set list of Guitar Hero II are cover versions, with the exception of "Stop", "Possum Kingdom", "Dead!", and "John the Fisherman"; these four are based on master recordings by the original artists.

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's: A total of five of the songs are master tracks (performed by the original artist): "I Ran (So Far Away)", "Because It's Midnite", Scandal's "The Warrior", "I Wanna Rock", and Judas Priest's "Electric Eye", while the rest are covers.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock features 71 playable songs - 46 of which are "main setlist" songs, while the remaining 25 are "bonus tracks." In total, 51 of the game's songs are master recordings (the highest total of any Guitar Hero release).  It also features re-recordings of the Sex Pistols' "Anarchy in the U.K." and Living Colour's "Cult of Personality" specifically for Guitar Hero III, as the original master tracks could not be found.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm......................

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

buyadodge

KEEP-IN-TOUCH

STERLING
Reply #14 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 2:27pm

BEFORE I GREW UP, BEFORE THE REALIZATION OF LIFE, WHAT WAS THAT OLD SCHOOL SAYING TO THE PUERILISM OF TOKEN'S FACTION? OH YA, I REMEMBER IT WAS "GET A LIFE". THERE WAS A TIME WOULD, GET THIS, ACTUALLY THINK THEY MATTERED, LET ALONE THEIR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS AND BELIEFS. LET'S MOVE ON TO THAT WHICH MATTERS AND IS WORTHWHILE,
"THE POSITIVE".  O.K. A QUICK FEEL SORRY, WON'T WASTE MY ENERGY THAT POST IS CLOSED. NOW TO MOVE FORWARD

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.