Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
8/31/07 Cleveland, OH Show (Read 556 times)
bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
8/31/07 Cleveland, OH Show
Sep 1st, 2007 at 12:46am

the band plays at 8pm on the bud light stage

http://www.cleveland.com/tasteofcleveland/

i had hoped to make this show but it doesnt look like it will happen after all.
jonnie?
solodka?
lmk?
pinkbubelz?
kevin?
anyone planning to make the trip?
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2007 at 9:47pm by bookies_original »  

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: 8/31/07 Cleveland, OH Show
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 10:13pm

I didn't make it, but I know Jonnie did!  Can't wait to hear all about it!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 9:51am

I did make it to the show sorry it took so long to post....I have been very very busy.....
So here it goes.. met up with the Romantics on Thursday night they rehearsed at our spot again. They hadn't played together in two weeks so they just wanted to knock off any maybe rust. They were gracious enough to sign autographs for my friends daughter and take photos with her. She took the photos and autographs to school for show and tell.
I met up with the guys on Friday before the show and had a chance to catch it from the side of the stage catching the monitor mixes. The Taste of Cleveland was charging a seperate admission of $20.00 reserve seats to see the show. That hurt a little bit for the amount of crowd. The Indians were playing across the street and the Air Show was getting ready to kick off. Will Hodge opened the show to about 100 people he was great and I felt sorry for him.
The Romantics kicked off at 8 pm and played for a little over an hour. They played the same set as the Erie,PA show. The pavillion was 3/4 full and I thought the Romantics sounded GREAT !!! The crowd was getting into them song after song. The crowd looked real suprised to hear the 61/49 material and what I mean is I think people relate to the Romantics as a 80's pop band but when they heard the grit of songs as "Devil in Me", "61/49", "Out of My Mind " you could see them smile and move to the music with approvement. Wally sang very very strong and harp playing was smoking, Mike once again was great on "Stone Pony"vocals. Coz and Mike had the hot licks guitar riffs. The look on the crowds faces too when Brad was doing his Keith Moon esq drumming was WOW !!!! After the show we got to hang some more and talk music shop. The guys signed some more autographs for adoring fans. I think what suprises people that have never met the guys is how down to earth they are. They don't forget how they got where they got and how hard it was to get there.
Oh by the way if anyone cares Donnie Iris played after the Romantics...he was happy to see them.

Wally once again if you read this "THANK YOU FOR EVERTHING" !!! Not to many people get a chance to visit with someone that inspired them to do what they intended in life. I feel very blessed to have had that chance. Thank you for the friendship and all the advice and tips. And not only that but being a FIRST CLASS PERSON !!! I think we all take comfort in knowing that somewhere in the world the Romantics are playing tonight !!!!

Jonnie
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2007 at 10:00pm by jonnie2224 »  

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 8:50pm

That sounded like we all missed a great time!  Almost brought a tear to my eye reading it!  Yes, it is nice to know that, in this world, there are really genuine, great people around!  Not like a few pompous bands out there now that could care less about their fans.  Bands seem to forget that without those fans, they would be no where!  But I digress.....

Wouldn't it have been great for your friend's daughter to actually have taken The Romantics in for show and tell!  Now that would have been something else! Smiley

Once again, thanks for being kind enough to show us what we missed!  Another great evening with The Romantics! Grin

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 10:02pm

That would be something to bring the Romantics to school LOL !!! If they are like me they may have flash backs of sitting in the principals office !!!! I know I do when I walk into my kids school !!!

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 6:28am

I think it would be more like visions of Nuns with their bony fingers,hunching over and hitting you over the knuckles with rulers or pencils or whatever was around!!!!!  That would be my guess!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.