West Chester, Ohio (Read 1619 times)
KGRamone
YaBB Newbies

We want new Romantics
tunes!

Louisville, Ky.
West Chester, Ohio
Aug 11th, 2007 at 12:34am

Anyone going to the show near Cincinnati tomorrow night? I'm planning on being there with camera in hand.

(Jonnie???)

And I do still intend to post the Nashville photos -- stay tuned.

-Kevin

http://www.facebook.com/KGRamone  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Re: West Chester, Ohio
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 1:54am

kevin, it looks like you will be our designated roaming review for this show!!
wish i could have made the drive Sad

IP Logged

KGRamone
YaBB Newbies

We want new Romantics
tunes!

Louisville, Ky.
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2007 at 3:23am

Well, another great show. I didn't take anything to write with, so I didn't jot down the set list, but I believe it was the same as last weekend in Detroit, including "Respect" and "Stone Pony," which thrilled me to no end.

Funny story during the show, which was well attended (several hundred, I'd say): Some guy who looked like he was a leftover 1980s preppy leaned over to me when they started playing "New Kinda Pain," and said, "Is this that one song? Um ..." and he rattled off some lyric that had nothing to do with any Romantics song I ever heard, but somehow I inferred that he meant "Got Me Where You Want Me." I said, "No, this is from their newest album." He said, "Oh, I don't like their new stuff," and turned around and went back to talking to his friends. Guh.

Anyway, it sounded great, and I gotta say Mike sounded damn fine singing lead on "Stone Pony." That rocked my ass off, if you'll pardon my triteness. They also played "A Night Like This," which was noticeably absent from their set in Nashville. I asked Mike afterward why they didn't play it in NashVegas, and he laughed and said, "We probably just forgot!"

After the show, Wally said he had almost called me earlier in the day as he had a layover in Louisville -- but only for an hour. I hope next time it's three hours. Wink Mostly we just chit-chatted, but Mike did offer some news that they've got quite a few new songs written (he reeled off a couple of song titles, but I didn't have anything to write with and have forgotten them). He indicated they plan to get together and rehearse the new stuff soon, which I hope might lead to future recording. He mentioned that Brad had even penned a song for the band!

Speaking of which, my girlfriend and I spent quite a bit of time talking to Brad, and we talked to him a lot about his time with the Elvis Brothers. Brad's a great guy, as most of you know -- we could talk to him for hours. Oh, and ask him to do his lizard impersonation for you next time you see the band. My girlfriend recorded it with her camera, but he made us promise not to post it on YouTube. Sorry!

She also recorded a bit of the band doing "Come See Me," so if it sounds OK and Wally gives his blessing, we might share that with you folks here on the message board. We won't post that on YouTube, for obvious reasons!

Oh, and I bought a shirt -- they were selling black golf shirts with the Romantics logo and Detroit on the left breast. I've always coveted Mike Lilly's (he was wearing one on Saturday as well), and I was thrilled to get a chance to buy one myself. I wonder if my boss would mind if I wear it to work?

OK, that's all for now. Wish you guys could have been there!

-Kevin

http://www.facebook.com/KGRamone  
IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2007 at 3:11am

Kevin,

Oh dang, I sure wish I was there!  I really missed "On A Night Like This" in Nashville.  It's one of my favorites, along with "Devil In Me".  How can anyone NOT like the new music????????   Angry

Glad to know Lilley was there!

Lori

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.