Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
7/27/07 Detroit, MI Show (Read 3426 times)
pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Re: 7/27/07 Detroit, MI Show
Reply #30 - Aug 1st, 2007 at 10:47am

They totally rocked on the Riverfront! My only regret was not being able to make it out to St. Clair on Saturday.... But my hubby and I were preparing for a mini-concert at our home on Sunday... (he's the bassist in a new local band)....But I was definitely thinking of the band around 10:30 p.m.!!!  Kiss Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yes, it really sucked that the contest winners were not allowed on stage.  The promoters apparently squashed the contest-- not really good for the radio station in my opinion.... (They shouldn't have done the contest if there wasn't going to be anything for the winners!!! (At the very least, the winners should have gotten T-Shirts or something!!!)  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #31 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 5:16am

solodka wrote on Jul 31st, 2007 at 9:46am:
I think I heard somewhere that it might cost you extra Brew!   Wink Maybe a few corn dogs and lemonades or something! Grin

Corndogs, pickle-on-a-sticks, pizza-by-the-slice, chocolate-covered-frozen-bananas, mini-fried-donuts, elephant ears, whatever.  Heck, I've even been known to buy a beer now and then.  To hear Stone Pony live....just submit the list of demands!  If it's sold on the Fairgrounds, it's fair game!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #32 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 6:56am

Or in the stadium! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #33 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 5:20am

BrewCity wrote on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 5:16am:
Corndogs, pickle-on-a-sticks, pizza-by-the-slice, chocolate-covered-frozen-bananas, mini-fried-donuts, elephant ears, whatever.  Heck, I've even been known to buy a beer now and then.  To hear Stone Pony live....just submit the list of demands!  If it's sold on the Fairgrounds, it's fair game!

Fattening list, but sounds yummy to me!  especially the Choc Covered Bananas in this heat!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #34 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 7:01am

here is the "official" response i have gotten from the promoter of this show as to why the contest winners were not allowed to join the band on stage for what i like about you:

When you were told that the promoter wouldn’t allow anyone else on stage, it was because only authorized people (those necessary to putting on the show) are covered under their event insurance. 

to all of the winners, if you would like a consolation prize, contact wcsx. 

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #35 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 9:57am

I think you should take the consolation prize for sure!  Tickets to an upcoming concert that they are promoting would be nice! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #36 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 5:18am

bookies_original wrote on Aug 3rd, 2007 at 7:01am:
here is the "official" response i have gotten from the promoter of this show as to why the contest winners were not allowed to join the band on stage for what i like about you:

When you were told that the promoter wouldn’t allow anyone else on stage, it was because only authorized people (those necessary to putting on the show) are covered under their event insurance. 

to all of the winners, if you would like a consolation prize, contact wcsx. 

Bookies,
How do we get in touch with them? Any ideas as to what the consolation prize is?

Why the heck did they even advertise dancing on the stage if they weren't going to follow through?  That really screws everyone over!!! 

I agree.  Tix to an upcoming show would be cool... Or box seats to a Tiger game... They have no idea how disappointed some of the fans  were about not being able to go on stage!!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #37 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 9:38am

I can probably answer that one Pink!  Sounded like a good idea at the time, but no one checked with the promoters.  Oops! Sad

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #38 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 9:39am

Can't trust a radio station Promo-person as far as you can throw one. I had a friend win a John Forgety baseball contest with the Cubs. We were supposed to get Farris B seats, drinks, food (parking - major need at Wrigley) and the chance to meet Rhino before the game and get an autographed ball. On top of that, it was a day game, so my friend and I were going to be paid to go to the game! That is because we had to take work off to win the contest.

All we got was the tickets at will-call and all the rest never happened. The promo was all over the radio and news before the event, and not a word about it after the game was over. The station just said, some times the promotions don't work out.

Well, isn't that false advertising!

They are all a bunch of wankers that get free tickets to see bands they would never pay to see anyhow. That is why my view is leave the promotion up to the band, not the wanna-be DJ's.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #39 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 8:57am

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #40 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 1:52pm

rockford_boy wrote on Aug 4th, 2007 at 9:39am:
Can't trust a radio station Promo-person as far as you can throw one. I had a friend win a John Forgety baseball contest with the Cubs. We were supposed to get Farris B seats, drinks, food (parking - major need at Wrigley) and the chance to meet Rhino before the game and get an autographed ball. On top of that, it was a day game, so my friend and I were going to be paid to go to the game! That is because we had to take work off to win the contest.

All we got was the tickets at will-call and all the rest never happened. The promo was all over the radio and news before the event, and not a word about it after the game was over. The station just said, some times the promotions don't work out.

Well, isn't that false advertising!

They are all a bunch of wankers that get free tickets to see bands they would never pay to see anyhow. That is why my view is leave the promotion up to the band, not the wanna-be DJ's.

Well, at any rate, they need to offer something really special for their gaff....For someone who is a huge fan of the band to go on stage during a performance could be the highlight of their life.   For the radio station to say "Oops" but not even to contact the winners is really crummy.  Not that they care, but as we all know, good news travels fast, but bad news travels faster... That really sucks that they didn't follow through

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #41 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 7:54am

I happen to really like this shot of Wally. 

But this one is my favorite!  Maybe it's the shirt! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.