Send Topic Print
New Housing Trend (Read 882 times)
solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
New Housing Trend
May 14th, 2007 at 8:23am

Forget about Lucy and Ricky sleeping in separate beds.  The new trend is couples sleeping in separate bedrooms!
Separate bedrooms. Separate dressing rooms. Separate bathrooms.  Let's even try separate floors or ends of the house!
Today's homes are increasingly being tricked out with his-and-her toilets, second kitchens and dual dressing rooms, and over 60% of future upscale homes (defined as those with more than 4,000 square feet) will feature two master bedrooms by 2015, according to a Home of the Future study released in February by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
I learned this at one of the last conventions that I worked.  Simply crazy in my mind!  Or so I thought! Then I really started to think about it.  I love having my own closet.  Actually, it's a separate room, but then again, I am an only child!
I guess it started with his/her closets and bathrooms and now the trend is for separate bedrooms!
That's taking getting a good nights sleep a bit too far!
75% of Americans snore, according to the National Sleep Foundation in Washington, D.C.  Can you believe that!  Again, upon further thinking, yes I can! Wink I know that there have been many times when I would either go into another room to get some much needed rest or force someone else to vacate!
But what about, you know, sex?
Supposedly, separate bedrooms have great potential to improve a marriage.
"Separate bedrooms allow a couple to maintain some of the mystery and anticipation that they experienced in the dating and honeymoon period."
Makes sense during the 7 year itch period!
As the trend toward separate spaces grows, so shrinks the stigma associated with a married couple sleeping in separate bedrooms. A spouse's complaints about sleeping poorly or a snoring partner are no longer wink-and-nod admissions of marital problems.
Separate togetherness isn't contained to the bedroom.
"A second kitchen, usually outdoors, is becoming very common," says Ahluwalia. "Even in those parts of the country [that] have limited time for outdoor activity."
Two thirds of builders surveyed by NAHB cited an increased demand for a second kitchen. In 76% of those constructions, homeowners wanted a grill, and 47% wanted a designated beer dispenser.
Separate bathrooms, dressing rooms, telephone lines and offices are also in increasing demand.

Separate spaces: Radical or right-on? What do you think?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.