Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Radio Show (Read 1841 times)
Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Radio Show
Jan 27th, 2007 at 4:34pm

Just wanted to update everyone on my radio show. After training and some trial shows I finally got my own radio show here on campus this semester. Its every Wednesday from 10am-12:30pm on 88.7 FM in the Cleveland area (we hope to back online streaming the show in a few weeks). I mainly focus on modern rock but I also take some time out to play some music from the people who kinda started the trend of modern rock/punk pop/etc like the Clash, Ramones, and well the Romantics. I played Devil In Me this past week and got a phone call afterwards from someone saying they loved it and hoped I played more stuff from the Romantics!

I'll be sure to post the link once we get the station streaming online again. I'm even going to be broadcasting live from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a few weeks!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: Radio Show
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2007 at 12:15am

Sweet!  Will the station be archiving the shows, so we can listen at a different time?

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 8:19pm

andrew, we are so proud of you!!!
wow, what an awesome thing you have done!
keep on playing the romantics and other good music.
good luck on the r&rhof show!

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2007 at 6:06am

BrewCity wrote on Jan 28th, 2007 at 12:15am:
Sweet!  Will the station be archiving the shows, so we can listen at a different time?

Sadly no. Hopefully it will only be a week or so until the streaming comes back (the company we went through up their prices big time so we had to look for a new company).

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 7:31am

The web streaming is back!

I'll be on the air from 10am-12:30pm tomorrow (Wednesday Feb. 14th). You can listen live at http://www.wjcu.org (click listen live in the upper right corner).

My show, the Midweek Modern Rock Break, features mainly modern rock music (that is the station's format - if I had to pick I would be doing a more of a classic rock show) but I've been known to play a Romantics song here and there...!

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 6:33am

I did a special Romantics on my show today... a tribute to their 30 years! I'll post a clip in a few days.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 10:53am

Hey Andrew--
how are things going?  I hadn't heard back from you in a long time! Hopefully, you got the info I sent to you?

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.