Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Detroit Lions (Read 4053 times)
bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Detroit Lions
Dec 14th, 2006 at 11:26pm

well they could be good for something this year.
all we need is about 700,000 votes or so and campbells will
donate to the soup kitchen of their choice.
http://chunky.com/

vote today and vote often!!

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Re: Detroit Lions
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2006 at 12:00pm

bookies i will say this the detroit lions do have really cool helmets...and really cool colors....i hope to see them become a real force in the nfl next season. i think for starters millan needs to go!!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2007 at 11:20pm

Been a while since it was worth posting anything on this thread, but it looks like we actually have a team this year. Who would have predicted that the Lions would be 6 and 2 half way through the season. In celebration, I think I'll make my first pot of chili of the season for next week's game. A 4:15 kickoff is perfect. Gonna have a couple buds from work over, and it will be a dress rehearsal for the super bowl. (whether the Lions are in it or not). That interception return by Shaun Rogers was way too much fun to watch!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 5:45am

Oldfriend, maybe you better have a dress rehearsal for the Thanksgiving Day game with Green Bay first.  Don't forget, it's hard to get to the Super Bowl as a wild card team, and the Pack is ahead in the NFC North... Cheesy

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:18am

Hmmm.....Mr. Glitter might have to cash in a winning ticket soon!!! Dennis, did you get one too?  Maybe we all should have while visiting LV and The Romantics!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 11:42pm

My dress rehearsal this Sunday is just my making chili and some other food as I do for the Superbowl. I didn't mean that the Lions would be in the Super Bowl, although stranger things have happened, like when the Red Sox beat the Yankees 4 straight in the playoffs after being down 3 games to none. Green Bay looks really tough, and the Thanksgiving day game should be a good indicator of who will win the division.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2007 at 5:57am

Yup, the Thanksgiving Day game will finally not be a "Turkey Bowl".  I'm trying to get the MOTHER-IN-LAW to move dinner back until after the game...right now she's got dinner scheduled for about the middle of the second half.   Smiley

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 12:41am

Boy, the Lions really played lousy yesterday. The defense couldn't get it done and too many turnovers. Two games behind Green Bay is going to be tough to make up. We might be shooting for a wild card now.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:50am

Hopefully, this won't mean that they are reverting back to last years Lions!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 11:20pm

The next few games will tell the story, with the Packers and Cowboys on the schedule.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 12:29pm

old friend...so right...this will give all lion fans what direction they will go. more talent this year but they need to play as a team and consistant. im routing for them. routing for my broncos too!!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 10:45am

lions and turkey is coming up in a couple of days. the lions are known to play very good on those days

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 10:48am

i pick the lions and cowboys to pull out victorys on thursday

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #13 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 6:34am

Packers   31-17
Cowboys 38-21

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Nov 24th, 2007 at 10:43pm

It's over. They will be lucky to finish at 500 now. I have to admit they had me fooled half way through the season, but the real Lions have emerged. Now, I hope the Packers go all the way and that the Patriots get knocked out in the first playoff game they play.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.