Send Topic Print
Detroit Lions (Read 4106 times)
johnnyglitter
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

las vegas, nv usa
Re: Detroit Lions
Reply #30 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 12:43pm

History was made today as the Detroit Lambs became the 1st team ever to go 0 and 16 in the NFL......
My heart goes out to all you loyal fans who have suffered through the years with bad ownership ( the
clueless Fords ), bad management ( how did Millen last for SEVEN years ?! ), bad coaching ( fill in the
blank here ) and bad players ( fill in the blank here as well ).

The only time in my life I had to experience this as a fan was in the mid 70's when the Washington Capitals set a similar record for having the worst regular season ever in the NHL.  However; they were an expansion team in their first year and eventually got better after a few years.  So, my question is- Detroit, what is your excuse ?! 

Personally, I would boycott the team and everything associated with it until the owners actually start
making some good decisions and turn things around.   Spend your hard-earned dollars on the
Wings, Pistons and Tigers - all proven winners in the last few years ! 

At least they will get the top draft pick next year.....besides, they only have one direction to go and
that is up !   Hang in there, Lambs fans, and best wishes for an eventually competitive team.........

JG

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 1:32am

Rumor is the Lions are part of the Federal "Bailout" and they will get millions to help rebuild the team and they already tried to resign George Plimpton, but he had already died. There's always next year.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #32 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 10:05am

IM SURE THAT IS HISTORY THEY DO NOT WANT TO REPEAT. I BELIEVE THEY WILL WIN 1 GAME THIS YEAR BUT I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THERE OFF SEASON ACTIVITY EVEN THOUGH THERES STILL SOME TIME TO GO. LETS SEE WHAT STRINGS THEY PULL IN THE DRAFT.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #33 - Aug 16th, 2009 at 11:08pm

We have a quarterback in Stafford. If they don't start him when the regualr season starts, (lack of pro experience or not), they are crazy. He looks calm and collected out there, with a rifle arm.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.