Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
6 Degrees of Wally Palmar (Read 2283 times)
pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
6 Degrees of Wally Palmar
Dec 14th, 2006 at 10:06am

I was just watching Primetime's Basic Instincts tonight-- they did an experiment to see if people could truly connect themselves to someone else in 6 degrees or less... Smiley

So, I thought it might be fun to do our own 6 degrees of Wally Palmar (or the Romantics) game... Smiley

Anyone up for the challenge?

Grin

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: 6 Degrees of Wally Palmar
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 12:09pm

They say that is true !!! I believe in it !!! This could be a good game !!!!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 8:41pm

sounds like fun!!
Grin

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 12:34am

Mine was actually too easy!  I have some friend's in Orlando who are originally from MI.  They have a friend who I met at a convention, who had a friend that was one of the girls in the Talking in Your Sleep video who knew Mike Lilley, who knows all of The Romantics!  So, from me, to Tom, to Tonya, to Jill, to Mike, to The Romantics is exactly 6!!!!!!!!!!!!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2006 at 2:11pm

Well, I have a good list, too!

In high school, I knew some guys in my high school who  played in a band "The Slicks".
The drummer of that band, Tom Marzella currently plays in a band called Hard Place out in the San Francisco area. For reference: Dan Miller, who played with Goober and the Peas  - gooberandthepeas.net - and also another band called Blanche - www.blanchemusic.com - was the guitarist in the film Walk the Line with Joaquin Phoenix.)

The Slicks played "What I Like About You" and I was hooked ever since...
One of the guys in The Slicks (I believe it was Jim Currie--who also played in Goober & the Peas) took lessons from Mike Skill.
Of course, Mike is in the Romantics and therefore knows Wally!

Only 4 degrees there! Smiley (I still can't believe that it took me 14 years after I first heard What I LIke About You for me to actually meet the band in person in 1999 at the Phoenix Center during the Arts, Beats and Eats concert...)

Technically, I knew the drummer, Tom better than any of the other band members, but if you include my going to school with the 4 of them, then my line in 1985 goes like this:
Me, Jim Currie, Mike Skill, Wally.  Smiley

Although, recently, I actually met up with the drummer, Tom, again... he actually knew the whole band because apparently, they used to hang out at The Romantics shows when they were playing the local clubs...

In that case, my link is even shorter...

Me, Tom Marzella, The Romantics (i.e. Wally)

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2006 at 2:24pm

Now, having gotten to meet and know Wally better, of course, I'm only 1 degree away.. Smiley

But, I can also link Wally to Bob Seger:

Wally, Me, My colleague at work, Barb, is the cousin to Bob Seger's Keyboard Player, Craig Frost, who of course, plays with Bob Seger.

5 degrees of separation there! (through me.)

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Brill_Baby
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2006 at 1:40am

The bass player I've been in bands with since 1988, Frank, was briefly Brad Elvis' bassist back in the mid-90s in a band called Big Hello.  And, as we all know, Brad is now the official drummer of the Romantics.   So...I guess that's four degrees.  

Truth be told, it's almost cheating when you've been a two-bit musician in the Chicagoland area (Brad's stomping grounds for more than two decades now) for as long as some of us have.  I guess I could even take this a step further and say that I got to know Brad somewhat back in the early 90s when a band that Frank and I were in, the Hideouts (yes...name inspired by "Friday at the Hideout"), had the pleasure of opening for the Elvis Brothers on a few occasions.   So, if you really stretch it, we can say three degrees.   And, in a bizarre twist of irony, both of our bands released recordings called Now Dig This! at almost exactly the same time.  Of course, the Elvis Brothers version of Now Dig This! actually sold some copies.  

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2007 at 3:33am

Thought it might be fun to bring this thread back to the top!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.