Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame (Read 2533 times)
jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame
Nov 28th, 2006 at 11:06am

Here is a e-mail message I got from one of my friends on the Rock Hall board....I wanted to share it with all of you :
"As for the Rock Hall petition, I believe that you can use your own format so long as it clearly identifies the signer and gives their legitimate data (address, phone,etc.) You realize that the RRHOF in Cleveland has no power/impact on the selection foundation in NYC.
I don't think any petition effort has been successful. The NY Board is pretty tough and industry political. You have to weigh the time and effort versus the slim chance of a nationwide nomination campaign given your demanding schedule."

Okay everyone I do know one pettiton and that was James Burton...Rick Nelson's guitar player. If you guy's want we can move forward James Burton got 4,000 signatures let me know !!!!

Jonnie

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Re: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 8:50pm

why can't we just contact the NY board and see if they have any plans for nominating the Romantics before we do anything on our own?
they must know well in advance who their nominees are going to be.

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 10:25pm

It's one of those secret socitey's like the Thugies from India. If they tell you who is involved they will have to kill you. One big hint, I've said his name before Jann from Rolling Stone. He is the main person behind the voting. NYC is totally a different gig then the Ohio Hall.

Good Luck.

IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 4:47am

Yep Rockford Boy is dead nuts on !!
I had a conversation with someone down at the Hall and apparently the Moody Blues have had a petition out there for years and there are no plans on those guys getting in.
Like Rockford Boy said its a waste of time. My problem is that I'm so bull headed and I wear my heart on my sleeves.....it just kills me how something like "What I Like About You" has been a staple of American ROCK N Roll and there is no mention of the Romantics but yet they can nominate a punk band and Jazz players Sad
Oh well my heart was in the right place.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 5:13am

For those who want to read about the induction process:
http://www.rockhall.com/hof/process.asp

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 11:36am

i think the romantics in the rock n roll hall of fame is long over due....i hope sometime in the near future they get that reward...they have worked hard, and have generated some "great" music.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 1:17am

So, has Sir Paul McCartney, The Moody Blues, Kiss, Cheap Trick, Iggy Pop/the Stoogies, Depeche Mode, MC5, Leo Kotke and the list goes on and on.

Sad to say Politics is the door to open to get into the Hall of Fame. Being a great or influential musician is the way to be on display at the Hall in Cleveland. Oddly enough, they are two different places with the same name.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 6:36pm

Shoot... to me, it's like the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit not having 1 piece of Romantics Memorabilia on their walls.... (Of course, that's because they are much more commercialized, but even then... I don't see why Kid Rock is on the walls, but The Romantics isn't... They've been around for much longer.

I think Wally answered a question a few years back about the fact that the Detroit Hard Rock has never even approacehd them.... (And, yes, I've asked at the restaurant--they say it's a "corporate" decision as to what goes up in their restaurant).

At any rate, if there is a petition, I would love to sign it (futile though it may be--it will at least make me feel good!)

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #8 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 10:01am

corperate desicion??..... Undecided......that doesnt sound right....so what ever the coperate wants and no fan imput Huh....i thought it was fans, management, plus just all the great history. (not coperate)

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 11:40pm

Since the announcement of of all the Hard Rocks selling, maybe The Romantics need to do a cover of Paul Revere and the Raiders tune "Indian Reservation", that might help.

Otherwise, it's up to the suits.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #10 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 12:27am

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.