Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How lucky are we the band is still around (Read 1042 times)
rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: How lucky are we the band is still around
Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 8:30pm

Your welcome for my sarcastic help. I was really jazzed and impressed with the Hall when I heard they were finally going to build the place. The Hall is very cool and each year I gave away my tickets to people I know that have relatives and friends out in Ohio, so they could experience the Hall. What has bummed me is the bizarre process that has evolved with the nominations and last years was the tip of the stupidberg. The Sex Pistols (whom only have 1 real lp and a darn good mash up called Swindle) and Miles Davis. My God, put Stanley Clarke in there, or Herbie Hancock or Herb Albert as a musician. Herb rightfully made it in as a record mogul.

The Romantics deserve it and so do many other influential bands, the nomination thing has gone into a werid PC process. C'mon  why isn't Iggy and  The Stoogies in there! They made the nomination list this year, but the door isn't open yet.

I'll sign anything you folks send around, just don't expect much from the nomination. The Hall itself is a great place the politics involved to get inducted is another issue, and if you visit don't forget to go to the science museum that is next door, it's incredible. Fun for kids and Dads.

IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 11:19pm

Rockfordboy You got it dead nuts on !!! I knew you were being sarcastic it's all good. The Rock Hall currently has a "Roy Orbison" display on right now.
Anyway have a great Thanksgiving everyone !!!

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Nov 24th, 2006 at 9:48pm

Great thread!  Not sure what happened to Linda Foster!?  But, I've been around for 23 years and am still enjoying The Romantics and their incredible music after all these yaers!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, spent with family and friends, and lots of good food!

Lori

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.