Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Florida Hard Rock Show (Read 1116 times)
trikfan
YaBB Newbies

michigan
Florida Hard Rock Show
Oct 30th, 2006 at 2:41pm

Friends went to show and it was great!!!!  Will be aired on VH1 Halloween Nite I hear.....All jammed to GLORIA at the end of Cheap Tricks Set.
Will be great to see on VH1.  Romantics on two days in a row on VH1.....About time!!!!.
too bad CT could not of been on all shows with the Shadows and Romantics.  Great combo!!!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Re: Florida Hard Rock Show
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 12:50am

FLorida would have been fun... The weather around here has been crazy!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 6:42am

On 10/30 and 10/31 VH1 seems to be repeating the same episode of 100 greatest songs of the 80's.  We should have had a contest to see who could guess what number "What I Like About You" actually is!  Looks like it is somewhere between 100 and 81!
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/romantics/artist.jhtml
Seems like it might be a  pretty tough feat for the show in Florida to air in 2 days time~ or less actually if it is airing on the 31st!  That would be a 24/7 job to edit 4 hours and 15 minutes to fit in a 2 hour program!  Please keep us posted if you hear exactly when!
Yeah, it's too bad that Cheap Trick could not have been with the Shadows of Knight, The Romantics, and The Charms!  Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 7:47pm

Solodka---we need a review of the Halloween South Florida show!!  Cheap Trick and all!!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 9:05pm

And how do you know that I went Brew? Wink  Review Schmoo!  I'm lucky I remember where I live at this point!  OK, I went!  I got there a little late!  I missed The Charms and I really love them!  I'm hooked on their new song, "So Romantic!"  Go figure!
I did like the really cool poster that they made for the concert though!

I didn't know who Roky Erickson even was!  A little before my time!  But they were pretty good!  I still have the song, "I walked With The Zombies Last Night" in my head!  Catchy little tune!   Smiley
I have never seen Cheap Trick before.  I was very impressed~  I got to meet up with them before the show.  Very funny bunch of guys!  I'll stop at that!  They put on a great show.  I felt that the stage was a little over whelming though.  I couldn't even see the drummer, Bun E.!  When you see the footage of the concert, hopefully you will see a couple of things that were directed at me! Wink  I was front and center as usual!  Maybe I'll clue you in a bit later! Wink Wink
The Romantics were fabulous as always!  I think everyone was really tight!  Wally's voice was right on!  I guess the few days off did him justice! Smiley  "Talking In Your Sleep" sounded the best that I have heard the whole trip!  Again, if it comes off on time, you will all get to see it for yourself.
Due to the overwhelming taxing of brain cells, I forgot my brain somewhere and forgot to put my SD card in my camera!  So, no photos from my camera this time!
But not to fear!  I borrowed one from a very nice girl in the audience and took about a hundred!  Used up her SD card!  I hope they came out OK!  I will pick up the CD sometime today or tomorrow and post them!  Oh, and before anyone gets on my case, I was asked to take photos this whole tour!  I have been taking them for every LSUG event that I have ever attended.  I guess they like my work!  I just enjoy doing it!  And of course, taking photos of the Go-Go Girls is the best part!  They are so animated and beautiful, who wouldn't love it or them for that matter!  There were a few new editions that you may or may not recogize!  I'll leave that for you to guess!  They were all in cosume for Halloween!
Which brings me to remember a few pretty strange characters in the audience that night!  The real kicker was the party at Pangea the night before that I heard they all went to!  I believe it had quite a few "Pets" there if you know what I mean!  Wink I got the email, so that's how I know!  The photos from that party can't be shared!  Too riske or risky or whatever you want to say!  Rated R for sure, I saw some~ ...

Can't remember the set list, but I'm sure that I can get it!  This set was cut 10 minutes shorter than the rest of the tour, so, it's the same, minus a few!  Didn't someone say that a friend of theirs went to the show?  Oh yes, Trikfan.  Well, why don't you ask your friends to post a review too?  Might be nice to get some more "fresh blood" to join in!  A little Halloween humor! Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2006 at 5:03am by solodka »  
solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 1:57am

fresh blood is always good..........ESPECIALLY on Halloween!!

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 5:08am

The set list for the FL show, I think:

Rock You Up
Midnight to Six
When I Look In Your Eyes
61/49
Talking In Your Sleep
Tomboy
New Kinda Pain
First In Line
What I Like About You

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 8:44am

OK, as promised, the photos are up!  Come and get 'em! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:33am

Here is the link for the times that the show is supposed to air:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/sort.jhtml?type=episode&motvId=rotv%3Ae962...

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 3:24am

So, it's just on VH1 Classic?  I don't even get that channel!!   Sad

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

trikfan
YaBB Newbies

michigan
Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:29pm

The Cheap Trick Halloween/Romantics/florida  show is going to be on this Friday!!!!  on VH1 Classic..
What a great concert that should be.  Check your listing for time in your area.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 7:44pm

me either brew!!
looks like we will have to count on trikfan to tape it and share! Smiley

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 7:54pm

trikfan wrote on Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:29pm:
Check your listing for time in your area.  

Either that or click on solodka's link above where it shows the listings and translate 10:00 Eastern to your own time zone.   Tongue

IP Logged

trikfan
YaBB Newbies

michigan
Reply #13 - Nov 4th, 2006 at 3:18am

This Halloween concert will be repeated Wed. 3am ET
and Sat. 11th, 11 ET.
Can't wait!

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #14 - Nov 4th, 2006 at 4:59am

I have VH1 classic..........have the digital recorder set to go....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.