Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DC Show 10/22 (Read 973 times)
kosmo
YaBB Newbies

DC Show 10/22
Oct 23rd, 2006 at 11:43pm

It's been awhile since posting or checking in here, I was formerly known as DJ Wren and one those who were able to see the band do the XM session in 2004.   

Ever since then I've been waiting for them to do a proper show in the DC,  on the last east coast tour they didn't get past Philly.  So boy was I stoked to see them last night.   It's a shame there weren't more people there, but a late show on a Sunday night is always a tough sale.  And a good half of those there were for the Romantics as the place began clearing out during the Shadows of Knight set, including myself.   I'm convinced SoK were actually Blueshammer in disguise.

It would appear they did the same setlist last night as on the rest of Underground Garage shows and was of course left wanting more given how awful the Shadows of Knights were.  Brad Elvis is a great addition to the band as they certainly were energized.  It was great hearing "Tom Boy", WILIYE, and "First In Line".  Those of course being the tip of the iceberg from their early days.  The bass player from the Charms came of out for rockin' "What I like..."

Still diggin' the new record and continue to spin tracks from it at my DJ spots at the 9:30 club.  Hopefully, a return engagement with a full set will happen soon...

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Re: DC Show 10/22
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 12:52am

great feedback kosmo!!
i do remember dj wren too.
why the name change?
anyhow, loved to hear input from a fan who hadn't seen the band in awhile.
i know what you mean about hoping to hear a full set soon.
i think we all share the sentiment!
i hope now that you have found your way back to this messag board,
you will stay dialed in with us other fans!!

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 10:59am

Oh, how I wish I was there!  I was sooooooooo close to going, but already made trips to the two Atlantic City shows and the Philly show over the past month.

They boys certainly do ROCK it and ROLL it, don't they?

Lori

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 10:10pm

http://www.i94bar.com/gigreviews/undergroundgarage.html  Great article.  It's a little hard to read!  I had to highlight the text!  Ah, signs you are getting older I guess!  They didn't get Brad's name right, but you can't have everything!!!!!!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.