Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
World Series (Read 5268 times)
oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: World Series
Reply #30 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 11:33am

Leyland is an idiot. All year he yanked pitchers who were pitching a strong game and numerous times the reliever, usually Jones, got shelled. He would never bunt in obvious bunting situations. But today I heard him on the radio say the stupidest thing I ever heard him say. First of all, you HAVE TO START ROGERS FOR GAME 5. He has been your best pitcher by far, but this is what Leyland said. "If we only had one game to win, I would start Rogers. But we have three games to win". IDIOT!!!!!!!! You have ONE game to win or it's all over!!!!!!! MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   In 68, Lolich pitched game 5 and won. Then, even though it was not his turn in the rotation, Lolich pitched game 7. He was the most effective pitcher in that series, so they went with him. Why wouldn't Leyland use Rogers in a do or die game? Because He's an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!.

IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 12:40pm

Once Again Oldfriend U said it all......I'm an Indians fan.. But I bummed believe it or not..I do like the Tigers.ever since the 70's.
It was a good run though it has been along time for Tiger baseball.
Jonnie

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #32 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 10:29am

the detroit tiger fans can hold your head up high !!.........they had a great season and expect them to be contenders next season as well as long as they dont make to many changes....there young pitching staff will be even more mature....they a great year.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #33 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 7:01pm

i agree pirate!!  these guys gave the city of detroit a ton of fun all year long and did more than anyone could have asked for!  they still deserve a parade for their winning the alcs but it doesnt look like they will get one.
i am a bona fide tigers fan for life!

see ya all in spring training!!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #34 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 8:18pm

The Tigers train in Lakeland, Florida.  Spring Training is a blast for baseball fans--Bookies, plan your vacation now for next March.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #35 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 9:10pm

well by coincidence i will be in florida in march for a wedding! Wink

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #36 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 2:33am

Make sure you check the Tigers' Spring Training schedule when it comes out next month, because they will be playing a game every day in March somewhere in Florida.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #37 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 6:50am

Don't the Yankees have a spring training up there too?  I seem to remember Lakeland being close to Tampa!  Nice combo!  I can see them both hopefully!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #38 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 7:50pm

Lakeland's northeast of Tampa, just up HWY 4 toward Orlando.  Probably only about 15-20 miles from Tampa.  The Yankees do train in Tampa, near the airport.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #39 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 8:22pm

Yeah Brew!  That's what I meant!  That the two were close to each other!  Please, I'm functioning on very little sleep, burning the candle at both ends and such!  Give me a break here! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #40 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 10:55pm

A break it is......I was just trying to fill in the cracks for you and provide some detail for those who may not know their Florida geography.  I do some business in the Tampa area, so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #41 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 11:07pm

That's right!  You were almost going to go to a few shows, but couldn't get a babysitter or something like that!  Couldn't burn that candle?  Can't remember exactly! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #42 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 1:53am

yeah brew, you always come up with some sort of an excuse of why you had to miss a show!!
maybe we can all get together during spring training!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #43 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 4:31am

How's this for an "excuse":

THEY NEVER PLAY IN MY TOWN.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

As a matter of fact, I bet that there are only a handful of people in the world that have seen more Romantics shows over the years than I have (excluding band employees and relatives, of course).

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #44 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 4:56am

aww brew, now you are making me feel bad Cry

seriously though, that is what road trips are for!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.