Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
LSUG Footage is Up (Read 3530 times)
rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: LSUG Footage is Up
Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 6:44am

Whole Rockford show on YouTube.

The order is reversed because of the batching, so #7 is the beginning and Romantics with no # is the encore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdMR9K67SU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O63bvKvBCew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujodHARTiDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnsbkIa8ZWY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBPuhWbyj7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TUh1Oiidy0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDQtj2lztsA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewCILlLOwb0

Note: Due to YouTube-ness the audio is a little goofy, but the video looks Ok.

Enjoy this great show from 2004 and this was the last show of Coz's orange Strat it was stolen shortly after this show.

*i edited the links so you didnt have to copy and paste.
hope this helps make it a little easier for everyone!
~ a moderator
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2006 at 10:23am by bookies_original »  

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 9:13am

"Just enjoy the shows. "

Trikfan, we are trying to do just that.

Lori

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #17 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 10:20am

rockford_boy, are these snippets from the same show i was at?
i am still on dial up so its hard for me to view them but from what i could see, they are from that show.

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #18 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 10:35am

It's the whole show in 7-8 min blocks. You can only do 10min total on YouTube and their compression kind of freaks out the audio a little, but if you are patient you will see the whole taco (I can't spell enchilada).

IP Logged

trikfan
YaBB Newbies

michigan
Reply #19 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 1:52pm

Hey, Just glad that you got it in writing/CONTRACT  from the WHOLE band , and the club management it was taped at, not just verbal that you could tape in the club and can use this tape for your personal use.!!!!!!!?

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 8:33pm

Once again, Clueless!

The show was put on and paid for by my old drummer, who was the promoter. Verbal contracts are binding and have held up in many court cases across the country.

The show was not performed in a club, somehow you magically made it a show in a club and it was not made to be used for my personal use it was made for the band to promote themselves in anyway, shape or form. Two songs from this show have been featured on the www of the band for over two years, but  I'm sure you have seen them since you are a huge Romantics fan.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 10:01pm

What is it with people who just join the board and act like they own the place? Are you the band's lawyer? The band didn't complain when I shared some rare recordings (Meet The Romantics) with some of the fans here. In fact, I gave a copy to Wally, Rich, and recently to Mike and they love it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Wally was quoted as saying that Meet The Romantics was his favorite Romantics album.  You don't see that cd flaoting around or popping up on Ebay, so obviously the fans here are trustworthy. Guess what? I'm putting together some stuff on DVD for some of the fans here. I hope you don't lose any sleep over that one.

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #22 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 10:50pm

Very kool!! I was digging on the dueling guitar solos at the end of Tonight Tonight!

IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

It all started right here!

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #23 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 11:32pm

Thanks for your hard work Rockford boy!

Is Trikfan the same person who used to post as Blondio a while back?  Certainly seems to have the same aggressive and opinionated posts!  Only a matter of time before he/she gets barred.

You got me Bothered, You got me Hot&&I'm Hot & Bothered- I want what you got!

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 12:03am

Blondio, as in cozfan? Let's hope not.

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #25 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 6:00am

It always seems to be just one person to 'stir things up' on this forum board.  Why?  We are all so happy just to share information and admire The Romantics.  Is that so bad?

IP Logged

Davidk
YaBB Newbies

massachusetts
Reply #26 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 6:44am

trikfan wrote on Oct 20th, 2006 at 11:37pm:
Hey people,
first of all did you get permission from little stevens people to tape/shoot things at the concert,  to be used for public purpose.    He owns the right to this concert, every single show, anything has to be pre approved thru his company.  I am surprised a bouncer didn't tell you to put the camera away.  The band has a CONTRACT with LITTLE STEVENS COMPANY to use their stuff from this tour up on his sites...att and billboard and etc.  THIS IS A FACT!!!!

So why are you bootlegging The Romantics?  and Stevens concerts? and then other people are telling you how to do it that are supposed to be fans?    where is the legality in this?    They know who you are, and Stevens people will have to be notified.
Where is the moderator on this site?  They should know these LEGAL things....
and advise fans.
The Romantics can't even tape thie concerts for themselves without LEGAL permission from Little Stevens office.

Just enjoy the shows.

Translation = "Hi i work for the RIAA & may lose my lunch money over this" ...... I love how people defend as Industry That has raped fans & the bands out of the hard work .......
   If the band came over & said No way , that's one thing ......  But that's not the case at all...

Thanks so much  "rockford_boy" for putting up the footage , very cool to see!

IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 7:37am

Oldfriend YOU SAID IT ALL !!!! I bet that these posts by trickfan is the same person. I don't understand the problem. All the Romantics fans on here have been so awesome and it takes one asshole to ruin it(excuse my French). I have met a lot of you personally and you all have been wonderful. You all seem to have that Wally personality..... just friendly.
And Rockfordboy You don't have to explain yourself to anybody Thank You for sharing the footage some people  logistically or financially can NOT make it to the shows sometimes it up to us to help promote the Romantics.....Hell some people I talk to don't even know they still exist.
Jonnie
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2006 at 12:03pm by jonnie2224 »  

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #28 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 9:36am

Jonnie,

YOU certainly said it best!!!

Why aren't The Romantics represented better?  Where is their P.R.?  They are such an incredible talent, and many people don't even know they still exist.  I'd like to change that  Smiley

Lori

IP Logged

Davidk
YaBB Newbies

massachusetts
Reply #29 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 4:41am

Yeh It's tough sometimes for some of these bands , they are considered "nostalgia" , difference is , The Romatics are still putting out good Rock & roll Albums ...
  I live on the upper East coast & I do hope they get back up here soons allthough a  lot of bands are starting to skip this area ...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.