Send Topic Print
LSUG Footage is Up (Read 3533 times)
solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
LSUG Footage is Up
Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:10am

The footage is up for The Romanitics. It was shot live at the Avalon in Hollywood on 10/4/06.
When I Look In Your Eyes
http://blueroom.att.com/inc_mediaplayer/player.php?id=1967#vtop
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2006 at 8:45pm by bookies_original »  
solodkasertze  
IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: LSUG Footage is Up
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 2:42am

Thanks, Solodka, for posting this.  THESE are the things fans want to see, and it is good publicity for the band!

Lori

IP Logged

Davidk
YaBB Newbies

massachusetts
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 1:05pm

Watched it this afternoon , Hope they put up more songs from other shows as well .

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 2:50am

I offered to put up all of the songs from the Rockford show on my YouTube site, but have not heard back. If and when I do, I'll will put the whole great show from Rockford up.

IP Logged

Davidk
YaBB Newbies

massachusetts
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 12:16pm

rockford_boy wrote on Oct 20th, 2006 at 2:50am:
I offered to put up all of the songs from the Rockford show on my YouTube site, but have not heard back. If and when I do, I'll will put the whole great show from Rockford up.

Nice! would love to see that !

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 7:45pm

That blueroom footage is great!  I've watched it about 5 times already. Thanks for the link, solodka.

RockfordBoy......maybe just trickle the stuff onto youtube one song at a time.  A wise grasshopper once said that it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.   Roll Eyes

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 9:10pm

Then keep your peepers open, I'll work on that, along with my property tax complaint, this weekend. I'll post the info once they start to upload on YouTube. May even get to it tonight, I have to first recapture the show, then set up a batch to do it all in one swoop. That's the quickest way for individual files.

IP Logged

trikfan
YaBB Newbies

michigan
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 11:37pm

Hey people,
first of all did you get permission from little stevens people to tape/shoot things at the concert,  to be used for public purpose.    He owns the right to this concert, every single show, anything has to be pre approved thru his company.  I am surprised a bouncer didn't tell you to put the camera away.  The band has a CONTRACT with LITTLE STEVENS COMPANY to use their stuff from this tour up on his sites...att and billboard and etc.  THIS IS A FACT!!!!

So why are you bootlegging The Romantics?  and Stevens concerts? and then other people are telling you how to do it that are supposed to be fans?    where is the legality in this?    They know who you are, and Stevens people will have to be notified.
Where is the moderator on this site?  They should know these LEGAL things....
and advise fans.
The Romantics can't even tape thie concerts for themselves without LEGAL permission from Little Stevens office.

Just enjoy the shows.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 12:09am

Yeah, trikfan, it would be great if we could enjoy the shows if they came to our towns!  Not everybody that loves good music lives in New York or LA or Detroit!  Not everybody can afford the time or money to ROADTRIP across the country to shows on weeknights!!  The bootleg recording has been a part of the rock-n-roll experience for decades.   So what if a few fans want to share a little footage.  Nobody's making (or losing) any money if somebody posts a little bootleg video on youtube.  Big F***ing Deal!!!   Angry

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 12:44am

If the Little Stevens Tour didn't want the show to be taped, how in the world did multiple cameras from different angles (including a stage  camera) and a board feed for the audio get sent to the person that did the tapping?

This could be a copy of a test taping being done to prep the crew and bands for the CT show in FL.

The work was far from a bootleg production when you see all the camera angles and with matched equipment being either switched or post edited live.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 12:49am

No, RockfordBoy, I think Trikfan was referring to your footage, not the BlueRoom stuff.

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 1:03am

I had permission from them and the management to tape the Rockford show and I never sell anything that I have. The band has copies and Wally showed interest in having it all on YouTube, I just never got a nod or wink to do it.

Therefore, if the comments were directed at me, the person is out of line and clueless about the Rockford show. The only people involved in that were Me, The Road Mgr, Wally, Mike, Brad. Coz was ill and I didn't meet him until before the show, during soundcheck. He was checking out my 65 Magnatone Amp.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 2:39am

Clueless.  And out of line.  The Rockford show had nothing to do with Little Steven or his Little Tour.    I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would love to see some footage from that show! 

Hey Trikfan....if you're such a great fan, then why didn't you know that the Rockford show wasn't on the Little Steven tour?  Why are you so uptight about this?  Don't you wanna see the video?

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 9:44am

they are cookin'. I'm trying to make the files into just under 10min blocks, that way it won't take so long to encode and you get 2-3 songs in a row to watch.

ta ta

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 11:25am

Just checked out the blueroom footage, very cool to see.  Hopefully more songs/shows will be added.  Hopefully LSUG will put out a dvd of the tour or even specific groups so we can enjoy it all over again.   Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.