Romantics "hearings" (Read 5951 times)
pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Romantics "hearings"
Oct 17th, 2006 at 7:30am

Instead of "sightings", I just couldn't resist posting some places I've heard the Romantics.

I flipped on WJR AM 760 in Detroit this morning (at about noon) and accidentally tuned into the Rush Limbaugh show--all of a sudden, I noticed that they were playing "Talking in Your Sleep" in the background (it was really soft, but the second I heard it, I recognized it--I had to turn the station way up to actually confirm what I was hearing!)  I have no idea what his topic of the day was, (I'm not a fan), but I thought it was interesting that they chose a Romantics tune to play behind his intro!

Out beloved Romantics are everywhere!!!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Re: Romantics "hearings"
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 7:37am

yes and did anyone catch what i like about you during the tigers game friday?

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 11:38pm

While at King's Island this last weekend for Fearfest (it was a blast), we were eating some pizza and burgers and sipping some beers in the huge indoor pavillion where they had the college football games on the giant screens. When they broke for commercials, I heard "What I Like About You" playing. I couldn't see the screens real well because I was in line getting some more Amber Bock, but I think a hotel chain or a car company is now using the song in their commercials.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 12:14am

That would be the Hampton Inn commercial!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

trikfan
YaBB Newbies

michigan
Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 8:00am

Hey..get with it ...the Hampton Commercials have been running for months now!!!!!!  Where have you all been?
Does this mean they get free  rooms at the Hampton Inns?

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 10:05am

Hey..get with it ...the Hampton Commercials have been running for months now!!!!!!  Where have you all been?

It is a regional commercial, thus, haven't heard it in my neck of the woods, and I'm sure many others haven't either  Wink

Lori

IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 11:04am

Get with it? HUH?
"What I like About You " is everywhere which is a good thing. In Cleveland I was filling up my gas tank and bada bing "What I Like About You" is playing on the speakers. Who knows if they get free hotel rooms..............
Thank God ,"What I Like About You " lives forever thats the song that hooked me as a little kid. The local sports talk guy in Cleveland WKNR Greg Brinda from 9 am to 12 pm everytime he goes from commercial and back to taking calls "What I Like" is playing behind him speaking. So it is quite confusing to what car commercial has it to hotels to movies and tv shows...It's just way cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonnie

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 9:17pm

Get with it, Trikfan? Just how long have you been a member of this board? Oh ya. You just recently joined.

IP Logged

trikfan
YaBB Newbies

michigan
Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 2:41am

Hampton Inns are National...
Has anyone seen  the Romantics Billboard Blog from the guys????.....it's posted as of a few days ago.

billboard.com

They are reporting about the road...each band on the tour is..keeps people informed on the inside!!!!  The tour diaries!!!!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 3:42am

Hey trikfan, thanks for the heads up.....but I can't find any words from the Romantics on there--the only tour diary I can find is from Powerman 5000.   Undecided   Can you give us a more specific link to the page? 

Thanks.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 4:02am

If you go towww.billboard.com and put The Romantics name in the search engine, or Tour Diaries and this is what you get:

The Charms
The hotel employee describing how to get to the room sounded almost identical to Bo Diddley giving backstage directions to Spinal Tap, minus the "short jog" part.
Oct 16, 2006 - Billboard - Ellie Vee and Ethan Jon Kreitzer

The Romantics
During travel time, we entertained ourselves on the bus and made up rude English pub names to pass the time, all the while eating Twilla's delicious chocolate chip cookies with milk.
Oct 11, 2006 - Billboard - Mike Skill and Brad Elvis

The Charms
Fargo, North Dakota has been invaded by the traveling rock and roll circus. We're living on the bus for a couple days between Seattle and Minneapolis.
Oct 09, 2006 - Billboard - Ellie Vee

The Rolling Rock And Roll Show
Stay up to date on many of the bands playing the Rolling Rock And Roll Show with Billboard.com's cache of tour diaries.
Sep 13, 2006 - Billboard - Presented By Little Steven's Underground Garage A Go-Go

Hope that helps! Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2006 at 3:23am by solodka »  
solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 8:24am

LOL@ the billboard comment.
When I read it, I thought it sounded a little like Brad's sense of humor! Cheesy

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 8:03pm

what i like about you was played during game 2 of the world series last night!!

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 9:01pm

I heard it!  I heard it! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #14 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 4:12am

I was in Blockbuster's Last night and heard "What I Like About You" as part of a promo for the Family Guy Video Game... Wink

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.