Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seattle show 10/7/06 (Read 570 times)
Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Seattle show 10/7/06
Oct 10th, 2006 at 1:48pm

First I want to thank solodka and Judy for helping to set things up for us.  It meant so much to us, thank you.  

Although I will only review The Romantics, I will list the other bands that played.  In order;

The Zack Static Sect (local band)
The Charms
The Shadows of Knight
The Romantics
The Earaches (local band)

The first 4 were great.  The last band was just that, an earache

The Romantics played a great set.  I apologize that I can't remember the exact set list.  From reading other posts here and in the yahoo group I think the set list is similar in each venue.  Perhaps someone can get the set list from that night.  I remember seeing it on stage and I believe they added an extra song in the middle of the set.  The guys did a great job.  There was an issue with a fog machine smoking everyone out toward the start but it was taken care of.  I believe they played for about 50 minutes or so.  They mixed it up with songs off of 61/49 along with some old favorites.  The venue was small so we were able to get front row center right up against the stage.  

Afterwards we were able to meet all the guys and chat for a long time before the venue shut down and we had to leave.  All the guys were extremely nice and great to talk with.  If anyone gets a chance to catch one of the Little Steven's shows do so as it is worth it.  

I will get some pictures posted on the yahoo group shortly.  I am going through them to pick out some of the better shots.

Oh and Wally, next time we see you guys I promise I will bring my 45 record of Tell it to Carrie  Smiley

Thanks for a great show and wonderful night to everyone involved.   Cool  
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2006 at 11:27am by Pac-Man »  

IP Logged

sfsam
YaBB Newbies

Re: Seattle show review from 10/7/06
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 1:44pm

Hey,My gals up in Seattle said show was good....not alot of people.
Club was small short and wide.
Buses were parked right out front. did anyone see the great art work on the bus?
Sounded great, show was being taped for the AT&T Blue Room.
They cut the set list that night by 2 songs, acutally I guess all the bands did to make the night shorter.  5 bands make it a long night.  But My Girls managed to enjoy it ALL...
Mike Skill did complain during the show that the smoke machine was too much, at times you could not even see Brad at the drums, he looked as if he was on fire!

Did anyone catch the NEW pink 'T"s  with 'The Romantics' in black...cool looking.  I picked one up in SF.
fits nice and tight!

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 10:02am

Yes I forgot to mention that the show was being taped for AT&T Blue Room, although I haven't found anything posted on thier website yet.  Hopefully they will post some if not all of the concert.  I am not sure what they will do with the footage but it would be great to see again.   Cool

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 10:24am

What's the AT&T Blueroom?

When I was out in Chicago this summer, I think there was a booth where they let you burn 4 songs on a CD (they paid for them, so the bands got the money, but we fans didn't have to pay.)

I made a point of picking several songs from the Romantics that were not previously on their list.. Wink

I think that was an AT&T Blueroom thing, but I could be wrong...(age is catching up with my memory)

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 8:01pm

www.attblueroom.com

They have a section for the Underground Garage bands.  So far, the Romantics aren't on there, but they change their content often.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 10:16am

I final had a chance to check the photos out and took the better shots, sized them down and posted them on the yahoo message board.  Once admin approval goes through they should be there.  Hope everyone enjoys the pictures and yes I even posted the group shot of us with the guys after the show.   Cool

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Seattle show 10/7/06
Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 4:54am

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #7 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 3:07am

Blurbs don't come much smaller than that.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #8 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 3:11am

yes they do:
blurb,
blurb,
blurb,
blurb,
and
blurb!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #9 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 3:15am

v e r y    f u n n y .

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #10 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 3:58am

You guys have some serious issues!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.