Canada
Meeting the guys
Oct 5th, 2006 at 4:54am

To all of you who have met the guys:  Smiley

Did you get to meet all of them?
What was that like?
What are they like?
How did the conversation go?

I'm very curious. I can imagine it was pretty wild.

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Meeting the guys
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 5:02am

Yes.
Cool.
Very Nice and not stuckup musicians (well-this is the current 4) I meet someone else years ago and he was a different story.
Talked about whatever, and even the Pink suits (I like the LP).

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 8:10pm

I got the same response as RockfordBoy.  I've met the 4 current members a few times and they are all very cordial and genuinely seem like they are happy to talk to the fans about whatever comes up.  Wally's probably the most approachable, but Brad and Mike are also very friendly and are happy to take time to talk and pose for pictures, sign autographs, chit chat, etc.  Coz is too, he's just a little bit of a quieter dude.  They all like to joke around alot, and I found Brad and Wally especially to be really funny guys.  If you ever get a chance to meet any of them, don't be afraid to say 'hi' and introduce yourself.  Like I said, they all seem to like meeting their fans.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:21pm

Hi All,

I've been really busy at work lately, so I've not had much of a chance to log in lately!

The guys are awesome-- Very friendly and nice!  They are definitely down to earth and appreciate their fans. Smiley If you do have an opportunity to meet them, I would definitely recommend it!

I've met all of the guys at various times (including the drummers Clem Burke and Johnny Bee), the only ones I have not met in person have been Jimmy Marinos (although judging by his personna on stage, I have a feeling he's much more "rock star-ish" in attitude...  Roll Eyes  )

Nor have I seen or met Dave Petratos (For me, I never truly considered him a Romantic...) 

Of course, most of the times I've met them at meet and greets, so that's their "on" time with fans... Although even when they don't have to be "on", they are still really nice guys! Smiley

For me, having loved the band since I was in high school, I was really glad to see first hand their willingness to talk to their fans! Wink

Oh, and the conversations weren't wild at all... Wink

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

lmk_new

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:45pm

The guys are great, so I hope you get to meet them!  I've met them all (Wally, Brad, Mike, Coz) several times and they have always been friendly.  I saw Wally at a restaurant once and approached him and he was extremely gracious.
The friends I took with me to the Phoneix show were thrilled to meet the guys and get pictures with Coz and Wally.  My one friend was so excited to get Wally's autograph, too.   Smiley

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 1:03am

I have seen the band over 25 times live, and met them once in 1984 (I was just a teenage kid) backstage during the in heat tour. They were all very cordial including Jimmy, and signed an album sleeve for me.

I introduced myself to  Wally just the other night. He was extremely cordial, talkative, and friendly.  He sincerely appreciates the long time fans. I told him about some of their shows Ive seen, and he said, "Boy, you've been around a long time!"

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 2:51am

Meeting the guys
Yesterday at 17:53:19 Quote   To all of you who have met the guys:   

Did you get to meet all of them?  Yes, including Jimmy Marinos, David Petratos & Clem Burke
What was that like?   Great, each and every time
What are they like?   Very, very nice
How did the conversation go?  Fantastic, never a lack of anything to talk about

I haven't found Coz to be the quietest at all!?

Lori

IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 11:00pm

I briefly talked with Clem on three occassions.  He always seemed distant and uncomfortable talking with me and dealing with the question of his commitment to the band.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting for a minute he was rude.  He just wasn't as friendly as the others.  That's one of the reasons I really like Brad.  Not only is he an extremely accomplished drummer, he also is one of the nicest people to talk with.  dennis

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2006 at 1:36am

It takes time for Clem to warm up to people.  For the first few times we met, he was that way (almost distracted), but then he was super friendly, warm and talkative.

Lori

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.