Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Where's the Moderators? (Read 10511 times)
mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Where's the Moderators?
Reply #30 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 10:07pm

Roadtrip -

You don’t know me or the relationship I share with the band, but I would like to say that your post was unnecessary, as was the ‘tone’ of the post.

Friends and fans gather on this site, as we all share one common bond - our support and dedication to The Romantics.

We have every right to inquire as to where a proper Moderator has been, as this site is a common link for us to share stories, photos, upcoming tour dates, etc.  You singling out “Solodka” is not representative of much.  People on this board are simply searching for answers, and she seemed to have them, along with several others.  

The band, and all their fans, should be thankful to have such a person, as they are the link to accurate and up-to-date information.  

You say The Romantics are ‘too professional of a band to have this going on’.  Have WHAT going on?  I think they should consider themselves lucky to have a group of people who care so much about them and desire information about them.  Don’t you?

We DO concentrate on the music – that’s the point.  We are all here for the same reason, and it would appear that only you have a problem with that.

Might I suggest if our little forum makes you uncomfortable, then perhaps it would be best for you to stay away from reading the posts (and laughing).

Lori
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2006 at 1:32am by mymeka »  

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #31 - Oct 13th, 2006 at 1:20am

roadtrip
In case you didn't read the agreement you made when you joined this board, let me offer a friendly reminder:

You agree, through your use of this YaBB forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this YaBB forum.

Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on this YaBB forum. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of this YaBB forum. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately. We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, and any related websites to this forum. We at this YaBB forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you. You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum.After you register and log into this YaBB forum, you can fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information we deem inaccurate or vulgar will be removed.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this YaBB forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

I have underlined the part that I feel you violated with the post above.  I have also bolded the part that I feel applies to me as one of the moderators of this board.  I would be remiss by not addressing this issue before it becomes totally out of hand.  I feel the content of your one and only post is objectionable so please consider this a warning.  You will have to be banned unless you agree to delete that post.  If you do not, we will be forced to ban your IP thus preventing you from posting any further hateful comments of a personal nature.  While I agree with everyone's freedom of speech, you do not have the right to personally attack anyone on this board.  If there is one thing us pathetic, incompetent long time members have done, it is treat each other with respect.  We respect one another and one another's differences of opinions. We have been around since the inception of this board in its current format so I feel we have a better handle on what it is all about rather than someone who lurks from time to time and hides behind anonymity.  For the record, most of us have never met each other so any relationship we may have cultivated with one another stemmed from our mutual love and respect for The Romantics.  I am hoping you will have a change of heart and take the necessary steps to stay a member of this board.  We love to have new people but it does not create a positive environment if we have new people who are hateful and disrespectful.    Thank you.

~ a Moderator
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2006 at 8:26am by bookies_original »  

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #32 - Oct 13th, 2006 at 7:35pm

Since I did not recive any response from roadtrip, I was forced to remove that post.  I apologize if anyone has a problem with the deletion of posts but it had to be done.

~ a moderator

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #33 - Oct 13th, 2006 at 7:50pm

If roadtrip has anything else to say, he'll be back.  I kinda doubt it, though.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #34 - Oct 14th, 2006 at 8:22am

I was going to respond to "roadtrips" little rant the other night,but I kept my irish temper in check because it wasn't worth responding to garbage like that.He/she is gone......lets move on.
P.S. Good to have you back Bookies  Smiley

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

roadtrip
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Oct 14th, 2006 at 3:34pm

I am glad to see my post got so much attention..thank you all...Bookies....is that really you....your tone is so much =diff than 6 months ago!?  I didn't know you were back.
Why did you erase my post after only 1 day?  Now it is only one sided, I didn't know you are supposed to be the one to decided what is on here and who is talked about.  This is supposed to be a message board not a screen board.

I did save a copy of my post as I see you erased it aleady.  I will send a copy to the band to let them kow there was not any hateful or bad languaged used in my post.    No one is being singled out even though I felt a few were only talking about one person in previous posts????

Also another great site to go on for message board rules is : nancies.org   check it out.    I think it was obvious why the moderators were taken off before, after I read this site. 

I have been around this band before they even were the romantics, so this board is not about who has the closest info ,the best access, on the band but about history, stories,concerts, guitars, drums, music from everybody anytime.
That is what makes conversation.  message boards are in a way like a community that gathers for a reason and in this case the reason is the Romantics and I just feel that this gets lost on the Romantics message board.
I don't feel that the new moderator needs to show her resume....just share her time.  Thank you for that.
I just see that there arn't alot of people on this message board, maybe everybody can work together to spread the news and get NEW voices heard and new stories out. 

Where are the people from Cleveland?   did anyone FROM Cleveland go to the show?  How was it?

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #36 - Oct 15th, 2006 at 11:31pm

Roadtrip -

Since you are continuing to post in our little world here, why don't you sign your name so we know who you are?

Lori

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.