Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Where's the Moderators? (Read 10509 times)
pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Re: Where's the Moderators?
Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 6:38am

I was booted from mod status during the last crash of the message board, and I have not clue why they took off Bookies and Solodka....
In my mind "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".... but what do I know?!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 12:54pm

Does one smell a conspiracy?  Bookies and Pinkie are my fave raves!  What's goin on?

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 7:48pm

Yes! 
We demand an explanation!
  Who's behind this train wreck?!?

What happened?  Where are our good ol' moderators?  We can't have this great board shrivel up and die!   Angry

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #18 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 10:26pm

I found it amazing how many posts Bookies and Pinkbublez responded to.  Everyday, and many times a day.  And, they constantly added new topics, came up with questionaires, and even held contests.  And to thiink, they did this voluntarily.  Now to be thanklessly booted from moderating status, I think that's shameful.  It is certainly not in keeping with the friendly and caring spirit I always felt around here.

dennis!

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #19 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 12:44am

I agree Dennis. Bookies, solodka, and Iris did wonders for the band by their tireless efforts in support of the band. Hate to see something petty get in the way.

IP Logged

mymeka

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 12:58am

I agree whole heartedly, what this band needs is publicity.............and they were wonderful to keep us all informed of shows, etc.  WHY, OH WHY, can't they come back and be our moderators?

Lori

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #21 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 7:51am

I think all of us here can agree that the former moderators did a great job of keeping this board alive.I'll probably hang around for a little while longer to see how this shakes out,but I'm seriously thinking about jumping this ship.Anybody else agree with me?
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2006 at 5:35am by Kevin64 »  

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #22 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 11:46pm

Kevin,

I think we are all as ticked as you are about the moderator changes, but I dont think leaving the board is the best answer. I think as new people lurk around the board, if they see it as a dead board, then it looks like there is no interest in the band. Lets keep posting, and keep the pressure on the powers that be to return the original moderators.

IP Logged

Duane_M.
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #23 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 12:10pm

Bookies was doing a great job as were the others who no longer post.  Her dedication to the Romantics is off the charts.  Someone needs to realize that the board is nothing without the key people.

Duane M.

P.S. I'll be at the Chicago show tomorrow.

IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 10:43pm

Kevin and Rob,
I agree with both of your sentiments.  The one thing I have always valued about this site is that Bookies and Iris always had the latest scoop regarding upcoming concerts and recordings.  Their informantion was usually weeks ahead of Pollstar and even the official website.  My indicator of the job darlacat is doing will be heavily influenced by what she/he brings to this site.  And I too would like to know something about the credentials the new moderator brings.  At least with Bookies and Iris I knew they were long time fans, had been to tons of Romantics concerts, and had incredible access to the band.  Theirs will be a hard act to follow.  Bookies and Iris' departure from this site is a real loss.
dennis

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #25 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 11:50pm

I agree completely with all of you guys......but don't forget about the 3rd Deposed Moderator Refugee, Solodka.  She seems to have the best access to the band of anyone outside of the band itself.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #26 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 4:57am

Roadtrip, we have never been told why the board was shut down. 

I, too, want a moderator who will "share ALL the happenings with the Romantics".  We don't seem to have that right now.  I don't care if the moderator is "neutral"--what does that even mean in this context?

Roadtrip, you find out what's going on with the band by "talking to people"--well, that's what we're doing here.  I don't care about the dollar tree, or how many posts someone made, or what 100 people have a birthday today, but I can talk to other Romantics fans here about what's going on with the band, and their tour, and their new record that's supposed to be in the works, and other good bands that Romantics fans (who have good taste in music) may like.  That's why I keep coming back here.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #27 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 10:00am

Hey, I just noticed that they seemed to have brought bookies back as moderator.... hope that's a lasting re-instatement! Smiley

Roadtrip-- why don't you take a moment to post in our "Fan introduction threads" so that we can get to know you! Wink

Part of why some of us post around here is that we feel that we share a common bond as a community... I've only met a handful of people on the board, and they all have been pretty cool.   Even the people that I have may have had gentle disagreements online, I would love to meet--talking to someone via email or messaging has a completely different feel than when we have the chance to hear the inflections in their voice, whether they are being serious about something or whether they are joking..... Smiley   One of the ways people change from being strangers to being "friends" is by getting to know one another... Smiley   and that includes our "community" here on the message boards....(100 years ago, people used to write letters to each other to get to know each other-- this is just a more modern form of letter writing and communicating...)

Although some of the postings are quite silly, they do bring people by to talk-- Put it this way, if no one posts for months, in this computer-savvy generation--would people come back to check things out?  Seems like the majority of new people would only give the message board a quick glance-- if they see nothing new, they will either not come back again, or never post...

The good thing is that whenever someone posts, we then realize that they exist as a person and can hopefully bring them into the fold as part of our community of Romantics fans...

Brew and Dennis are right-- since no one seems to know what's happened to the moderators or why, it's difficult for people not to wonder....   

Imagine if noone posted about people "vanishing". (and there are many others who have "vanished" as well-- gbabyjr, oneinamillion, johnnyglitter, tizlin, Boris, have not posted in ages... (Even Pirate has been missing, too!)  when the frequent visitors vanish, our little community worries about where our friends have gone-- if they are okay, etc...  That's what makes this an online community and not just a bunch of random people who have no interest in anything.

Now, if the band was posting weekly (or even once a month!), maybe it would bring more people out of the "lurker" status to "poster" status....  Unfortunately, these days,  the guys are either too busy with their rehearsals and concerts, or they don't have constant access to the message boards...(and, face it, they didn't grow up with computers, nor are they avid computer techies, or they wouldn't be musicians....or they would have switched over to electronica) I'm sure that they'd post more often if they could-- and then the fans wouldn't have to invent some fun to keep the boards moving! Smiley

Of course, that's why we love to see them play LIVE--they are a hands-on kind of band-- their interactions with fans, their love of their music, it's all evident... Smiley

(Now, see? I did bring the talk back to that of the band! Wink  )

Keep on posting!  Let's keep the boards alive! Wink  I know that somewhere there are some teenagers and future Romantics Fans lurking and hoping for some live action around here!
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2006 at 5:37pm by pinkbubelz »  

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Boris

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #28 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 1:42pm

Hey Kids...
Still alive and well... just busy.
I had been checking in to the "Moderator Status Only" the last few weeks.
So I waited until the clubhouse was unlocked again.
To catch up on a few random topics with hopes it doesn't stray too far into
"Boring Territory" for some.
(if that is the case please stop now before this post explodes into shrapnel-like fragments...)

Sadly, I did not make the Double Door show... again work scheduling conflicts.
Brew...as a lifelong Cub fan...they sucked....flat out SUCKED.
(I hope they can land Girardi)
Bookies, Pink...et al. Tigers looking good.
BUT... The Bears have certianly been fun for me so far this season.
I have been out of the loop for a few months...even out of touch with The Elvi.
But as temperatures here drop...
things should get back to a semi regular form of communication.
Good to "see" you kids.
"Boris"

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #29 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 5:27pm

HI Boris,
too bad you can't make the trip up to Detroit to see the guys tonight!
One of these days, i hope to actually meet you in person!! Smiley

I know what you mean about busy... I used to be a night owl, but these days,
I'm so crazy busy at work that there is no time to even look at the board--most days, I'm in bed before midnight (or, 11 p.m.!) and
when I do get home, I feel like vegging vs. getting on line much!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.