Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Baseball Playoffs (Read 675 times)
Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Baseball Playoffs
Oct 3rd, 2006 at 7:42am

On behalf of all of us Yankee fans living here in the evil empire,we wish all of you Tiger fans Good Luck !!!!!

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

kenny f
YaBB Newbies

las vegas, nevada usa
Re: Baseball Playoffs
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 10:15am

Agreed- I live in Vegas and the Yankees are more than
3 to 1 favorites to knock off the Tigers....... however;
if Randy Johnson is not healthy, I think the Cats have a
chance.   Depends also on whether or not the young arms can withstand the pressure of pitching in Yankee stadium in the playoffs........ Go Tigers !!!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 7:31pm

I'm sorry to say, but I'm afraid the Tigers shot their wad.  They peaked too early.  Hey, it won't be hard to root against the Yanks, (it never is), but I hope the Tigers have enough left in their tanks.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:31pm

Obviously the Tigers must take game 2 or it's over. There won't be one of those Red Sox miracles.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:53pm

Oldfriend, you just never know.  The Yanks have so much pressure on them, they could blow up at any time.  The Tigers really have nothing to lose.  Even if they go down 2-0, if they just play loose and have fun, play like they have nothing to lose, they may just tighten up the Yanks enough to make 'em pop.

Just so you know, my $'s on NY.  But "Never Say Die" I say!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 9:37am

All tied up.On to Detroit.I really thought The Bombers would take the first 2 games,though.

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 10:58am

I'll tell you why the Tigers probably won't win this series. Because Leyland is an idiot. He doesn't play percentages and use common sense. The Tigers should have won their division by a dozen games or more, but because Leyland pulls his pitchers after 5 or 6 innings because they need "rest", he puts in a reliever like Jones who gets hammered and has blown a bunch of games in the ninth inning. Today, he pulls Zomaya (that's probably spelled wrong) who was throwing smoke out there. His fast ball was clocked at 102MPH. The Yankees couldn't touch him in the 8th inning. So what does Leyland do? He pulls him out and puts in Jones who has been shelled repeatedly. He got lucky today after giving up a hit to the first batter he faced. Yesterday, when there was no score and the Tigers had men on first and second with no one out, what does he do? ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING about baseball bunts in this situation to get the runners in scoring position with one out. But NOOOOOOOOO!. He calls a hit and run that gets the lead runner thrown out at third and kills the rally. Today with 2 outs and a man on third, he has the batter lay down a bunt. With 2 outs? What kind of idiot calls for a bunt with 2 outs? If the Tigers go anywhere in the playoffs, it will be DESPITE Leyland, not because of him. MORON!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2006 at 8:24am

Well.......all I can say is congrats to the Tigers.Job well done.Now I have to clean up this mess after kicking my TV set in.

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2006 at 10:41am

The pitching really came alive.  No one cares about the KC series now!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #9 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 6:35am

Woo Hoo!!!

On to the next series!

The Yankees who????

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.