Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suggestions for the Message Boards? Post here! :-) (Read 220 times)
pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Suggestions for the Message Boards? Post here! :-)
Sep 5th, 2006 at 7:35am

Hi Everyone!
Since the moderators are doing some improvements to the message board, I thought I'd start a thread where we could make some comments about what we'd like to see from the message boards (and maybe even the website!) Smiley

Any comments for improvements and suggestions? Post them in this thread!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Re: Suggestions for the Message Boards? Post here!
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 7:45am

Here's one suggestion...

I was just talking to my hubby on our 6 hour drive back from Rockford... when it suddenly occured to me that although I signed up to be on The Romantics' mailing list (and email list in 2003), I don't think I've ever gotten advanced word on concerts and such.... Any word I get is usually from looking here on the message board, or if one of the fans posts it on the yahoo group (which is an unofficial fan site for the Romantics.)

I'm wondering if the band has considered generating email reminders about upcoming shows?   Either emails or even post cards in the mail would be awesome--sometimes it seems that fans don't come to the message boards or to the actual website often enough to catch the show info until it's either too late to go, or they've missed it....I don't think it's a problem of the emails being considered to be "spam" if the band offers an "opt out" feature....  I think utilizing email from 1 source (and not a bunch of sources) would help to keep younger fans interested and up-to-date on what's going on with the band. Smiley

Also, has the band considered printing out some business cards to hand out to their fans at concerts?  You know, something with the website and message board addresses?  That would help to create some "buzz" as well... Smiley

Hmmm... maybe this is an Ask Wally question... I'll post it in that section as well...

Another idea, could we have an "ask the band" area--where there's a separate thread for each band member? It would be cool if those threads were either in their own section, or if they were permanently "stickied" to the top of the  Romantics section....

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Suggestions for the Message Boards? Post here!
Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 12:47am

I too signed up at the web site to receive e-mails and have never received anything so much as an acknowledgement.  I noticed at the booth in Las Vegas where they sold t-shirts that there was a sign-up sheet to be added to a mailing list for the Romantics.  I have no idea who was going to administer that or what mailings those interested would receive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.