Send Topic Print
Rockford Reviews (Read 980 times)
BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Rockford Reviews
Sep 3rd, 2006 at 11:42pm

OK, I missed it.  I was stuck up on the north side of Milwaukee doin' the Hokey Pokey, as it were.  RockfordBoy, trikfan, Duane, bookies--we are counting on you to bring the show to us;  we need to hear the full reviews!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Rockford Reviews
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 2:13am

Great show, I heard from a friend that was at Trick and said it was so so and they came over to the Romantics stage.

Not being biased, both of us used to work for CT, but the Romantics have only played Rockford around 5 times. The concern about NO crowd when going up against CT didn't happen, they had several thousand there and kept them there the whole set. Pre show the band ended up on local ABC station WTVO. I gave Brad a digital copy and VHS copy and maybe those video files may hit the www. That is up to them.

Overall, another great show and hope they make it back to this neck of the woods again. Grin Smiley Roll Eyes

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 7:02am

Brewcity--

Too bad you didn't come to the show.  I would have loved to meet you!

My hubby & I decided to go at the last minute... We went to a Michigan State football game that morning and I figured we weren't that far from Rockford... Smiley  It also gave me a chance to see my brother who lives in Chicago! Wink

The guys sounded great as usual.... I think it was better than Vegas!--They got to do some encores and the crowd was having fun! Smiley  Because they were high above the crowd, everyone had a good view of the stage (although it was a little annoying to have to shoot photos through a chain link fence).     The weather was just right-- a tiny bit humid, but cool and no rain! Smiley    I had never been to Rockford before, and it wasn't too hard to find... It turns out that we ended up getting to the show about 5 minutes after Bookies got there!

I'd definitely think of doing a roadtrip there again in the future, as long as the weather is decent! Smiley

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 9:25pm

Bookies, Duane................. Undecided

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Duane_M.
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 1:44pm

I was there and met Bookies.  Sorry, Brew - next time!
Duane

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 7:57pm

Duane, have you got a review for us?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.