Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wolfgang's Vault (Read 1955 times)
oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Wolfgang's Vault
Jul 29th, 2006 at 8:19am

This is absolutley amazing. Promoter Bill Graham, who is now dead, had been recording virtually every act that played his fillmore auditoriums. His real name was Wolfgang.  Thousands of hours of live recordings were recently uncovered. Anyone who was anyone played the Fillmore in the 60s and 70s. Go to www.wolfgangsvault.com and click on vault radio. They are constantly playing these live recordings. I sat and listened for about 3 hours and it was hard to get away from the computer. I heard Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Ten Years After, The Who, Procol Harum, Mountain, Cream, and too many others to mention. Be warned. If you like late 60s and early 70s rock, this stuff is addictive.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2006 at 9:34am by solodka »  

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Wolfgang's Vault
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2006 at 9:34am

Oldfriend, you have far too much free time on your hands!   Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2006 at 10:25am

cant listen to any of the live stuff from home as i am still on dial up but when i get back to work monday, you can be sure i will check it out.

also, if you look under Poster Series, you will see the Grande Ballroom listed.  Just click on it and you will be taken to old Grande posters and handbills.  MC5 was practically the house band!!
40th Anniversary coming up this October!!

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 12:36pm

Hello everyone!
     Hambone here. I just finished working on Ocean's 13 over at Warner Brothers and am now resting and waiting to see what the next feature I'll be on is.  I have been recording from Wolfgang's Vault for quite a while now and have requested the Romantics and even suggesyted that they get in touch with Wolfgang's and get their recording(s) as they are listed among the acts put on by Graham. Yes some amazing things on there including Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Zeppelin, CSN&Y, Greatful Dead, Frank Zappa. Rumour has it that the owner's of Wolfgangs Vault and the Lawyers of several of the bands are trying to work out some way of paying to download the complete shows. Now that's my bag! More to add among the hundreds I already have!!!
Old Friend, any luck with the DVD?
As always, Dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 2:03am

Wolfgangs vault has at least 1 recording of the Romantics as well. He recorded every venue and act he promoted from the 60's through the 90's. Amazing stuff. I wish they would post the concert! Hambone   .............I'm Back!

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.