Send Topic Print
Rumors (Read 2303 times)
solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Rumors
Jul 6th, 2006 at 2:34am

It is rumored that Keith Richards is going to play Johnny Depp's dad in the 3rd Pirate's of the Caribbean movie!  Unless he falls out of another palm tree that is!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Re: Rumors
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2006 at 2:39am

Seems that rumors are true:

Keith Richards to be in 'Pirates' movie
Keith Richards will get on board for the third Pirates of the Caribbean installment.      

LONDON (AP) Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is lined up to play the swashbuckling father of a pirate in the third installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, star Johnny Depp said Tuesday.

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer said Richards would have a cameo role as the father of the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Depp, in the third Pirates movie, which is due to resume filming next month in California.

Depp, 43, has said he adopted the body language and mannerisms of the veteran guitarist to create Captain Jack's character.

"We're all looking forward to the idea of Keith coming in and doing a cameo," Depp told a London news conference to promote Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which opens in Britain on Thursday.

"You never say it's definite until the guy steps on the set and the camera is rolling. But it's looking very, very good," he said.

Co-star Orlando Bloom said he was similarly enthusiastic about working with Richards provided the rocker is in good health.

"I can't wait to see him well, if he doesn't kill himself falling out of coconut trees," Bloom said. "Very rock and roll."

Richards, 62, suffered a head injury in late Apri, when he reportedly fell out of a palm tree while vacationing in Fiji.

Having made a full recovery, Richards will join the Stones for their rescheduled European tour, beginning Tuesday in Milan.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

gardeningatnight
YaBB Newbies

Addison, TX
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2006 at 6:32am

What was Keith Richards doing in a coconut tree?    Undecided     .....scratches chin

"There is no way to Peace, Peace is the way."   A.J. Mustre
black_eyed_susan19  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2006 at 9:45am

That's what everyone wants to know!   Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2006 at 11:21am

home made coconut smoothies.........must have been strong ones  Smiley

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2006 at 11:29am

i will say.....keith playing depps dad would be perfect as far as fitting the image...depp has it mastered.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2006 at 5:19pm

i agree, i think this is perfect casting!

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 12:50am

He must have filmed his part already because I just read the the 2nd and 3rd sequels were filmed at the same time just like they did with Back To The Future 2 and 3.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #8 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 6:04am

They are still in the process of filming!  Johnny Depp said that he had been studying Keith's moves before they filmed the 2nd one!  As soon as we see the 2nd one, I'm sure we will notice a little "Keith" in him!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 2:33am

I noticed it in the first one--Depp was talking about it back when that one came out.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 12:07pm

pirate is already looking forward to the 3rd one and i havent even seen the second one.
hhmmm pirates of the carribean....im a pirate....aarrgghhh

IP Logged

buyadodge

KEEP-IN-TOUCH

STERLING
Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 4:57am

here's one of those "did you know" facts. WORLD WIDE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ACTUALLY KILLED BY SHARKS IS LESS THEN TWENTY. THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE KILLED BY FALLING COCONUTS IS 150. SHOULD BE A GREAT MARKET SELLING HARD HATS TO TOURIST  VISITING   COCONUT TREE GROVE'S Grin

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 11:01am

Maybe Keith Richards should own a few! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 11:14am

Here's some trivia for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

* The movie will be shot back-to-back with Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007)

* Rolling Stone Keith Richards was set to make a cameo appearance as the father of Captain Jack Sparrow but Richards had to pull out of the project due to his commitment with the Rolling Stones world tour. Johnny Depp had previously said that his performance was based on Richards.

* Keira Knightley had to wear hair extensions because she had cut her hair short for her role in Domino (2005).

* The gigantic wheel weighed at 1800 pounds standing at 18 feet tall.

* This was first time Johnny Depp portrayed the same character in more than one movie.

* For the films release, the Walt Disney Company had the Pirates of the Caribbean rides in Walt Disney World and Disneyland redesigned to feature captain Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, and an appearance by the films' supernatural character Davy Jones as part of the attraction and will be featured beginning on the film's opening day.

* In June of 2006, the "Flying Dutchman" set ship was towed to Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line's private island where it was displayed in promotion release of the movies.

* The Black Pearl is the only ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and its sequel which operate under power. All others are built atop other ships such as barges with only the portions seen by the cameras completed.

Maybe it will just be a very brief appearance by Keith Richards!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 7:54pm

'Pirates' Sets 1-Day Box Office Record
Jul 09 12:55 AM US/Eastern      

By GREG RISLING
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES

Move over Darth Vader. Captain Jack Sparrow is king for a day. Preliminary estimates released by Disney show that "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" earned $55.5 million on Friday, which would set the record for the largest one-day take at the box office.

The previous record was set last year by "Star Wars: Episode III _ Revenge of the Sith," which grossed about $50 million.

The movie was shown on 4,133 screens, beginning at midnight Friday. Only 2004's "Shrek 2" and "Spider-Man 2" debuted on more screens.

Disney also received reports of continuous sellouts and requests to add more screens at multiplexes.

"We're obviously thrilled beyond belief. Anytime you break an industry record ... the word ecstatic comes to mind," said Chuck Viane, head of distribution at Disney.

The swashbuckling sequel is on pace to eclipse the three-day, box- office record held by "Spider-Man" in 2002 with $114.8 million.

"This goes a long way of dispelling the notion that people don't want to go to movies anymore," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box- officer tracker Exhibitor Relations. "People aren't waiting for the DVD on this one. They are going out to see it."

Hollywood has been mired in a filmmaking slump. Last year audiences stayed away from such offerings as the action bombs "Stealth" and "The Island," and the remakes "House of Wax" and "The Bad News Bears."

Revenues this year to date are at $4.6 billion, 5 percent ahead of last year's disappointing take, though factoring in higher ticket prices, attendance is up just 1.7 percent.

At the current pace, 2006 ticket sales would come in slightly below Hollywood's average of 1.46 billion a year over the last decade.

But Dergarabedian said those fortunes could change with "Pirates."

"It's on track to make $120 million or more this weekend," he said. "It's a monumental number. It's a great place for the industry to be right now."

Preliminary three-day box-office estimates were to be released Sunday, with final figures expected Monday.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.