Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Romantics videos at www.youtube.com (Read 5432 times)
Timster
YaBB Newbies

It all started right here!

Milwaukee, WI
Romantics videos at www.youtube.com
Jun 7th, 2006 at 10:42am

For those of you who aren't already aware, you can watch some of the Romantics' music videos at http://www.youtube.com.  As of right now they have "What I Like About You", "Talking In Your Sleep" and my favorite, "One in A Million".   I could watch "Million" over and over again.  It's campy fun and Wally is the leading man of the video.  Damn, I miss the 80's!

You don't have to pay to join or even watch the videos.  I joined (for free) just so that I could save the videos to my favorites file.  The only problem you might have is having to search through unrelated videos that a search for " The Romantics" might turn up.

If we're lucky maybe someone will upload "Test of Time" and some of the earlier material that I've never seen.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2006 at 7:49pm by solodka »  

You got me Bothered, You got me Hot&&I'm Hot & Bothered- I want what you got!

IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

Milwaukee, WI
Re: Romantics videos at www.youtube.com
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 10:46am

One other thing I forgot to mention is that you can download the videos to your computer via a website, but it isn't always working.  Once you have them on your computer, you can only watch via a special video player which also needs to be downloaded.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 12:24pm

Thanks for the link!

Great Videos! I've never had cable TV, so these are quite a treat for me.... Smiley

Dig the hair--Dippity Do must have had an increase in stock... LOL  Wink  And I love the dark hair on Coz! Wink

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2006 at 8:19pm

Hey, on the "One in a Million" video, is that a young Brad Elvis flipping the ice cream sccops into the malt cup? 

Just wondering.   Wink

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2006 at 8:58pm

Don't know about that one, but someone thinks that, in the "Talking In Your Sleep" video, Wally look like someone from Mama's Family.

xthirtyonex (1 month ago)
This is a great record. I still play this CD regularly to this day. Great music that doesnt even sound dated!

raymago (1 month ago)
...remembering the 80s MTVs new wave at its best - this is one of them - The Romantics' top-ten single "Talking In Your Sleep" from their 1983 platinum album "In Heat". Thanks for sharing the video.

taran50 (3 weeks ago)
Great band but my fav is "What i Like about you". if anyone has this one, download pleaseee.

QuickStix (2 weeks ago)
The real reason this song hold up better than typical new wave that stays stuck in the era is the sheer funkiness of the track. And it's insanely hooky.

level242 (2 weeks ago)
You are right it was funky. I remember they performed this song on Soul Train. They rocked it. Got a standing ovation too. There weren't any chairs to sit on but that's beside the point. Everybody thought they were British until they used their speaking voice. Juicy fat bass chords is what made this song a hit on Black radio stations

nagaflas (1 week ago)
The lead singer looks like Iola from "Mama's Family" minus the glasses and God-awful frilly dress.    

asafan (4 days ago)
...this song probably makes it into heaven along with sade cherish the day pat benatars we belong u2 new years day paul weller stuff too doors rider on the storm ...u get the point

PossumPie (4 days ago)
I'll always remember them for their hair.

A1441 (7 hours ago)
OMG! I can't believe I'd live to see this day. As a child of the 80's, I'm one of those unfortunate people who had to go through highschool and college TV-less 90% of the time. But thank God I have my radio so I know a lot of songs from that era. This song is one of my all-time faves and I wasn't really sure if it had a video when it came out in 1984. This song was very big in the Philippines!

A1441 (7 hours ago)
The music company even had a dance contest for this as part of a promotion. Thanks for sharing this video, DragonSwordFly!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

KGRamone
YaBB Newbies

We want new Romantics
tunes!

Louisville, Ky.
Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2006 at 2:14am

This is great, Timster, thanks for the heads up. I always loved the "One in a Million" video too.

I actually have much of the old promotional stuff on video, thanks to folks from message boards past -- including the must-see promo videos for "Forever Yours," "National Breakout" and "21 and Over." Also have the vid to "When I Look in Your Eyes," which was filmed at the same time as "What I Like About You." Unfortunately, it's all in VHS format, but if there is interest I know there are several places here in Louisville that will convert VHS to DVD for reasonable prices. I also have some interview stuff to convert as well. Maybe I could put together a companion piece to Oldfriend's forthcoming DVD production. Not sure what all he has planned for inclusion.

And sadly, I too, am without the video for "Test of Time." Believe it or not, back in 1986 there was a live video scheduled to be shot for "Mystified." One of my old fan club newsletters mentioned it was going to be shot during a show in Boston, but I never heard anything else about it. I guess the label pulled the plug on the promotion budget around then. Wait ... is this officially a tangent?

http://www.facebook.com/KGRamone  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2006 at 3:23am

"21 and Over"!?  Man, I would love to see the video on that one!

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2006 at 3:39am

KGRamone,
Will you be adding your videos to the site mentioned in this post?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 3:22am

Timster,

How do you download the videos to your computer?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 8:56am

Step 1)  Copy the URL from the video's page.

Step 2)  Go to this site... http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Step 3)  Paste the URL in the window.

Step 4)  Select YouTube from the menu and click the download button.

Step 5)  The site doesn't always work (traffic?).  If you get an error message, it's the site and not you.
            I've found that trying late at night or early in the morning works best.  
            If it does work, just do the normal right click "save target as" routine.

Step 6)  When you name the file to be saved as, be sure to add a ".flv" at the end.

Step 7)  Download the player from this site...http://www.videolan.org/vlc/  It seems to be the only    
            player that can play the .flv format.

Step 8)  Enjoy your video!

I didn't come up with this procedure, I just followed it.  If you have any problems, I'll try to help, but I can't make any guarantees.  

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 9:24am

Thanks!  I'll try it later! Smiley  Muchias Gracias!  And besos too! Kiss

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 11:07am

One of them downloaded no problem.  The other two seemed to only copy the first few seconds!  Any suggestions?  I tried it a few times.  No error message, just didn't copy the whole file.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 8:37pm

I hate to say it, but I didn't have any problems.  I've had the player work a bit sluggish where the video is off sync to the audio, but stopping it and starting over solves that problem.  I've never had a video download incompletely though.  Undecided

Maybe try deleting your existing file and downloading it again?  Or try downloading it again and renaming something different?

Otherwise check one of the help sections at youtube or the player site.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 11:48pm

I will  try that and see if it works!  Thanks!  I'll let you know what happens and cross my fingers!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 12:11am

There were 2 different What I Like About You videos.  I tried the other one and that was fine.  The One In A Million still wasn't working.  They had it on another site when I search for it on google, so I downloaded it from there.  It's always something!  But where there is a will, there is a way! Wink  Thanks for your help Timster!  Also, on google they let you download it using different formats.  I also was able to save it as an mp4 file!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 2:24am

Hey what do you know?!  I'll have to check out Google and see if the quality is any better if saved as a different file type.  Thanks for your help!  Smiley

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #16 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 8:54am

I also have vhs copies of the videos to Forever Yours, National Breakout, and 21 and Over...they are an absolute trip!!!  The guys are very young in the vidoes. I have seen the video to Test Of Time just once. I would love to see that one again.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #17 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 1:01am

You guys all need to copy your VHS tapes over to DVD!  I have a machine now!  If you can't do it, send them on down and let's get 'r done! Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2006 at 5:33am by solodka »  
solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Rob

Reply #18 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 10:11pm

What I would love to get my hands on is any video from the Strictly Personal era. I have never seen/heard of any and dont know if any even exists. I would think there has got to be at least some live footage sitting in someones basement somewhere.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #19 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 12:52am

I wish I had a basement! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Rob

Reply #20 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 10:36pm

I thought all you Midwesterners had a basement! Wait, you are a Floridian right?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #21 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 11:24pm

Not by birth, but yes!  We have crawlspaces!  And believe me, you couldn't put anything up there unless it could balance on a beam well!  You probably wouldn't want to go up there either!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #22 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 12:10pm

I also have the capability to transfer VHS to my computer and format it to avi, mpg, etc. and can author DVDs as well.  I would like to toss the offer out there if anyone is interested and of course as long as the guys are ok with this.  Just let me know.   It would be nice to have a video collection and I doubt we will see the industry put one out anytime soon if ever.  Cool

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #23 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 9:02pm

My sentiments exactly! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.