Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sneak Peak (Read 1647 times)
Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Re: Sneak Peak
Reply #15 - May 28th, 2006 at 9:56am

Very cool! That's a different sound for them.

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #16 - May 28th, 2006 at 11:09pm

I keep getting a broken link...  Angry  Cry

IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

It all started right here!

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #17 - May 29th, 2006 at 1:07am

I guess I'm going to be in the extreme minority here.  It didn't impress me at all.  As much as I love getting new material from the guys, this doesn't even sound like a Romantics tune.  Maybe that's the goal, but when you listen to their older material, you know it's the Romantics.  This could be anybody and I think that fact will work against the success of the song.  Was this a left over from 6149?  It sounds like it should've been on "O' Brother Where Art Thou?" Don't the guys usually try out new material in concert to see the reaction of the crowd to determine whether they get included on a future release?  I've never heard this tune in any shape or form until now.  I'm hoping that this is the B side of the single!

By the way, what's the deal with the effects on Wally's voice?  There were some songs on 6149 that used effects, but I didn't think they would be an ongoing gimmick.   I'd hate to see Wally start singing into a megaphone like Rudy Vallee!

OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox.  Continue the discussion!

You got me Bothered, You got me Hot&&I'm Hot & Bothered- I want what you got!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #18 - May 29th, 2006 at 2:24am

rob, are you sure you are using this one?

http://www.ghettorecorders.com/clients.html

be sure to scroll all the way down on the list to almost the bottom!

IP Logged

Rob

Reply #19 - May 29th, 2006 at 9:58pm

Hmmmm......maybe it's a quicktime problem on my computer. As soon as I click on the song name I get the symbol for the broken Quicktime link.....

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #20 - May 29th, 2006 at 10:41pm

if you haven't tried this already, try right-clicking on the song title and then "save target as"
save it onto your desktop then try to open from there.

IP Logged

Rob

Reply #21 - May 29th, 2006 at 11:22pm

That worked! I dunno, I might have to agree with Timster on this one. It's sort of cool, but I kept waiting for the electric guitars to break in and the song to start jamnmig. Nothing wrong with expanding your musical horizons though.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #22 - May 30th, 2006 at 8:15pm

Timster wrote on May 29th, 2006 at 1:07am:
I guess I'm going to be in the extreme minority here.  It didn't impress me at all.  As much as I love getting new material from the guys, this doesn't even sound like a Romantics tune.  

This also isn't exactly "new".  It is a  cover song from The Dirtbombs that was originally done sometime around 1998! 

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

It all started right here!

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #23 - May 31st, 2006 at 7:28am

So that's the missing song that was to be released with the Dirtbombs version of Mystified?  No wonder it didn't sound like a Romantics song.  Actually, I'm greatly relieved.  I was worried that the guys were going in a different musical direction!

You got me Bothered, You got me Hot&&I'm Hot & Bothered- I want what you got!

IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - May 31st, 2006 at 9:57am

Brew that's funny !!!! We have redone "Rock You Up". Wallly told me the harmonica part !!
I like the song "Can't stop thinkin about it". The reason is.. I love the blues. Is it a feature song?... no but I still think it oozzes cool. Wally likes the delta blues ala Robert Johnson.... so why not? Like the Who always said You have to take risks !!!  Opinions are like A@# Holes everyone has one LOL !!!!

IP Logged

KGRamone
YaBB Newbies

We want new Romantics
tunes!

Louisville, Ky.
Reply #25 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 2:54am

Personally, I agree with my buddy Jonnie -- I think the recording just oozes cool. It sure is different than what we're used to hearing, but what a nice departure for a one-off. And it's damn nice to hear something new from the Romantics. So what's the word on this 2007 album I've read about in this forum? Smiley

By the way, this was recorded around the time 61/49 was released, wasn't it? This isn't nearly as old as the stuff on the album, which was recorded during the late '90s, to my knowledge.

http://www.facebook.com/KGRamone  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #26 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 3:06am

I, too, dig the song.  I would love to hear it played live (maybe in Manitowoc in 2 weeks?)  

Roll Eyes

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.