God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Paul McCartney
May 17th, 2006 at 8:05pm

This Week in Entertainment
May 15 - May 21, 2006

Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney Splits From Wife
LONDON (Reuters) - Former Beatle Paul McCartney and his second wife Heather Mills are to separate after four years of marriage, the couple confirmed in a statement on Wednesday.

McCartney, 63, and former model Mills, 38, who married at a lavish wedding ceremony in Ireland in June 2002, had decided to split because constant media intrusion had made "it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship".

"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," the statement said.

"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much."

The couple, who have a two-year-old baby girl called Beatrice, met in 1999 at a charity event, a year after the death of McCartney's first wife, photographer Linda Eastman, from breast cancer.

The announcement follows weeks of speculation in British newspapers about the state of the couple's relationship.

The Daily Mirror reported on Wednesday that the split had come about because the singer could no longer cope with the couple's bitter rows.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Paul McCartney
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2006 at 10:26pm

I wonder how much money she will try to get out of him. If they go to court, she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2006 at 10:52pm

Ha!   Grin   Oldfriend, how long have you been waiting to use that one?

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2006 at 11:32pm

gosh and i thought they were happy!

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - May 18th, 2006 at 1:28am

Appearances aren't always what they seem!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #5 - May 18th, 2006 at 3:40am

Actually, Oldfriend, she does have a leg to stand on.

But only one.    Tongue

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2006 at 6:51am

She probably doesn't know how much money to go after. I'll bet she's stumped.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2006 at 9:29am

Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

Jeanine

I Love YaBB 2!

Jersey Shore
Reply #8 - May 18th, 2006 at 12:47pm

Wow...didn't see that one comin at all huh? I know Paul is a kazillionare and all but I feel bad for him.  I hope he will find happiness in the future.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #9 - May 18th, 2006 at 7:02pm

you guys are cruel!

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #10 - May 19th, 2006 at 10:25am

Perhaps Sir Paul told Heather(a.k.a"Peg") that he was through with her sponging off of him,and that she needed to go out and stand on her own two feet.
(2 Jokes in 1 sentence,not bad,eh?)

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #11 - May 20th, 2006 at 9:20pm

Can't Buy Me Love comes to mind!

McCARTNEY DIVORCE COULD BE BIGGEST IN UK HISTORY

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY's upcoming divorce from HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY could end in the biggest settlement in UK history, according to British legal experts.

THE BEATLES rocker, 63, and former model, 38, announced their split on Wednesday (17MAY06) after nearly four years of marriage.

Leading divorce lawyer ALAN KAUFMAN is convinced the couple, who in insist their divorce will be amicable, will settle out of court.

He explains, "Just a very tiny percentage of divorces finish up in the courts, and high profile celebrities nearly all settle among themselves.

"Sir Paul McCartney is supposed to be worth in excess of GBP800 million so it is bound to be one of the largest divorce settlements of all time.

"There have been some enormous settlements that have gone on behind the scenes that we never hear about because of confidentiality clauses, so it is unlikely to be the biggest, but it will be up there.

"PRINCESS DIANA'S settlement was something under GBP20 million, which puts this in perspective."

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #12 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 5:10am

Count down the days, and more, till he's 64 

Worth $1.2 billion: He probably can afford to buy the Isle of Wight outright.

By Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY

Paul McCartney turns 64 on Sunday. If that doesn't ring a musical bell, rewind your mind to 1967 and a jaunty music-hall ditty about getting a valentine, birthday greetings or a bottle of wine many years from now.
Now is here. Recorded 40 years ago, When I'm Sixty-Four was the second song ever written by McCartney (after Love Me Do) and the second recorded for The Beatles' milestone Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. (Coincidentally, it's track 2, side 2 on the original vinyl.) More digits to digest about the author of rock's oddest ode to aging:

16. Age when McCartney wrote Sixty-Four, which The Beatles often performed acoustically when their amps failed at The Cavern in Liverpool. "I thought I was writing a song for Sinatra," he says in The Beatles Anthology. "I wrote that ... thinking it would come in handy in a musical comedy."

3. Number of clarinets in the song.

0. Number of psychedelic guitar solos.

12. Number of tunes on Sgt. Pepper that are not whimsical cabaret sore thumbs.

3. Number of grandchildren in the song (Vera, Chuck and Dave) and in real life (Miller, 1; Elliott, 3; and Arthur, 7).

15. Percentage of John Lennon's authorship, according to William J. Dowlding's Beatlesongs. Lennon at one time claimed a small contribution in lyrics but later told Playboy, "I would never even dream of writing a song like that."

19. Weeks that Sgt. Pepper topped the U.S. chart.

4. Grammys Sgt. Pepper won.

6.9. McCartney albums in millions sold in the SoundScan era (since 1991).

51.5. Beatles albums in millions sold in the same period.

545. Beatles albums in millions sold worldwide from 1963 to 1974.

90. Number of shows on McCartney's 2002-03 world tour, attended by roughly 2 million fans.

1.2. McCartney's estimated worth in billions of dollars, according to Britain's Sunday Times.

20. Amount in millions of dollars he earns annually in Beatles royalties.

4. Number of songs McCartney played at the 2005 Super Bowl halftime show, for about $3.5 million.

40. Age when he began painting. Results were unveiled in the 2000 coffee-table book Paintings.

57 McCartney's age when he released Run Devil Run, a set of retro-rock covers.

34. John Lennon's age when he did the same thing in 1975 on Rock 'n' Roll.

59. Age when McCartney wed Heather Mills, who confirmed divorce plans on their fourth anniversary, seven days before he turns 64.

61. His age when their daughter, Beatrice, McCartney's fifth child, was born.

63. His age when he appeared on the cover of AARP magazine.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.