nah, nah, nah, nah, nah

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: Detroit Tigers
Reply #91 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 8:00pm

Thanks for the help!  The BrewCrew is now ahead of the Astros and only 4 back of the 1st place Cards!  Keep it up against Houston!

I take it you didn't go see the Rocket go down in person?

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #92 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 9:49pm

I have to say that I did go!  It was so exhilarating to be in that stadium!  I took so many amazing pictures of Roger and of Pudge!  I was like a little kid again!  I couldn't get enough of TigerMania!  I also am the new proud owner of my first Tiger hat!  It was a child size, but a Tiger hat none-the-less!  I am going to download the photos now!  Amazing!   Grin

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #93 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 4:20am

Are we starting our Detroit Tigers photo album someplace?
I have some great ones too!

Brew, I would have had to give up my first born to get a ticket to that game last night so I ended up watching it on tv.  Tried to spot solodka or her guests on the screen but there were just too many people.  Besides, she forgot to wear her purple feather boa!!! Wink

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #94 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 10:17am

How do you know that I own a purple feather boa?  Are you psychic? Smiley  I didn't bring it with me because it makes me sneeze!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #95 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 10:24am

Sure, where shall we add them?  I just downloaded all of mine.  I'm ready to post them!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #96 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 5:42pm

i just figured purple was your favorite color and i know all "interesting" females own feather boas!

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #97 - Jun 30th, 2006 at 11:43am

i really think its safe to say..the detroit tigers are for real......if they struggle in the second half i stil think they will be in good shape.....leyland has done one heck of a job

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #98 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 10:59pm

Saw them in Pittsburgh over the weekend...

Tigers won 9 to 8, although they gave up a pretty good lead and had us a little nervous until the final out....

It was fun to see them playing well (and at a game where there wasn't any rain!).   In addition, they had 2 fly-bys at the stadium with a Stealth Bomber (there were all sorts of things going on for the holiday weekend).  It was pretty cool!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #99 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 10:57pm

As Tigers and Mets lead, Yanks and Braves try to play catchup
Updated 7/13/2006 11:49 AM ET      
By Mel Antonen, USA TODAY
PITTSBURGH The Detroit Tigers, who haven't had a winning season since 1993, resume play Thursday with baseball's best record (59-29). But if the Tigers are going to win their first division title since 1987, they have at least one correction to make:

They have to find a way to beat contenders.

That's just one of many interesting developments to watch in baseball's second half. Can the New York Mets hold on? Will the Atlanta Braves fail to make the postseason? How many trades will clubs make?

TEAM-BY-TEAM OUTLOOKS: National League | American League

The Tigers, off five consecutive seasons with 90 or more losses, have spent the first half pounding American League Central teams, going 22-5 against the Kansas City Royals (league-worst 31-56 record), Cleveland Indians (40-47) and Minnesota Twins (47-39).

The Tigers are a combined 3-10 against the Boston Red Sox (53-33), New York Yankees (50-36) and division-rival Chicago White Sox (57-31). Detroit has a two-game lead on the White Sox despite a 1-5 record against them. They play each other 13 more times.

"We have a lot of games left, and it's not going to be easy to win the division," says Ivan Rodriguez, the Tigers' All-Star catcher. "We just have to not think about it and just do what we've been doing. If we keep the pitching healthy, we are going to be all right."

Detroit is a blend of youth and experience. Kenny Rogers (11-3, 3.85 ERA) leads a rotation that has come of age. Outfielder Magglio Ordonez (.312, 62 RBI), Rodriguez (.308), shortstop Carlos Guillen (.298, 52 RBI) and closer Todd Jones (23 saves in 26 chances) have been terrific.

Rookie pitchers Justin Verlander (10-4, 3.01 ERA), Zach Miner (6-1, 2.57 ERA) and Joel Zumaya (4-1, 2.08 ERA) have been key; Verlander could be the first rookie to win 20 games since Detroit's Ed Summers won 24 in 1908. Outfielder Marcus Thames (.297, 17 homers) has been a huge surprise.

Still, it's never easy to pitch during August and September in a division race, and that will be a new experience for the young rotation. The Tigers hope All-Star starter Rogers, 41, doesn't falter. He is 16-13 with a 4.80 ERA after the break in the last three seasons.

The Tigers, in first at the break for the first time since 1988, are the biggest surprise. But other new contenders could be around come September.

The Cincinnati Reds are four games behind the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Central, and the Toronto Blue Jays are five behind the Red Sox and two behind the Yankees in the AL East. The Reds have scored the NL's third-most runs (448), but their pitching has given up the fourth most (463). Their staff is 11th in ERA (4.78). Weak pitching is not a good sign for contenders.

The Reds acquired closer Eddie Guardado from the Seattle Mariners just before the break, and they are banking on the return of injured pitchers Grant Balfour (bullpen) and Brandon Claussen (rotation) in the next few weeks.

Toronto ranks 10th in the AL in ERA (4.66) and fifth in runs scored (472). But if A.J. Burnett comes back to the rotation from injury to support Roy Halladay, the first to reach 12 wins this season, the Blue Jays have a strong chance to be playing in October for the first time since 1993 when they won the second of back-to-back World Series.

The Blue Jays, 7-4 against Boston, have eight games left with the Red Sox. Toronto, 2-3 against the Yankees, has 13 games left with New York. A four-game home series starts July 20.

"We actually have a chance, and it all sits in front of us," says Blue Jays All-Star outfielder Vernon Wells (.311, 21 homers, 66 RBI). "Our biggest improvement is offense. We play well against the Red Sox and Yankees."

Other questions for the second half:

Come October, could the Yankees and Braves be going home?

It's possible. The Braves have been in every postseason since 1991, the Yankees since 1995. The Braves went 6-21 in June and are 13 games behind the Mets in the NL East.

"In the past when we've come back, the teams haven't been as good, but the Mets are going to be hard to beat," says Braves All-Star outfielder Andruw Jones.

The Yankees needed the break, manager Joe Torre says. They not only have to contend with the Red Sox and Blue Jays but also the AL Central, which has become the toughest division in baseball. With the White Sox or Tigers, the AL Central could have its first wild-card team since the three-division format started in 1994.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #100 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 7:46am

do i dare mention we are winning tonight 4-0?

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #101 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 11:47am

they seem to be struggling with the sox....i dont know how they did tonight....but they are sitting in good shape.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #102 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 5:25pm

yes, the white sox are our nemesis but we beat them tonight thanks to a grand slam from craig monroe!!

Go Tigers!!!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #103 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 4:21am

don't anybody look now but we just took 2 games out of 3 from the white sox!!
are u a believer yet?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #104 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 5:38am

Yes, they pulled it out again!   Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.