Send Topic Print
Detroit Tigers (Read 22204 times)
BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: Detroit Tigers
Reply #60 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 8:22am

I didn't see it, but my friend, a Tiger fan in Milwaukee, did.  When I told him I was going to see the Romantics in Manitowoc tomorrow, he said they were playing it during the Cubs game.  He thought they sounded bluesy.  Anyway, I suspect that Cubs announcer Len Kasper had something to do with it--he is known to be a HUGE fan of the band.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #61 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 8:36am

Well, I see that Len Kasper is actually from MI, born January 21, 1971 in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. He graduated summa cum laude from Marquette University in 1993.
He also used to announce for the Florida Marlins (2002-2004), and Milwaukee Brewers (1999-2001). I thought he sounded familiar!
Before then, he hosted pregame and halftime shows for the Green Bay Packers and was a co-host on a hot stove league show on the Brewers radio network. During the Late 1990's, Len fronted a Milwaukee based power pop group, Your Indentured Servants.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #62 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 4:26am

Well Brew... what's your prediction for the next 3 games??  Cool

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #63 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 8:02pm

The Brewers are hot...they just swept Cleveland;  I know Detroit is hot, too.  I will be at Miller Park tonight for Game 1.  I predict the Brew Crew takes 2 of 3.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #64 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 2:14am

Sweeping Cleveland isn't that hard...  Wink

I think it will be a good series... I just was looking around and saw some pictures of Miller Park - wow does that place look cool!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #65 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 5:06am

Miller Park is one of the finest of the new ballparks--get up here and check it out if you get the chance!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #66 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 5:10pm

what a game!!!!!!!!!!
wow, bonderman was having maybe his best game ever!

thankfully the offense came through just when we needed it.

ok brew, you need the next 2.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #67 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 9:01pm

Wow, Bonderman was pretty untouchable.  But Doug Davis matched him.  The "offense" really consisted of two bunts that were misplayed into doubles.  Great game, though.  We will be back tonight!

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #68 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 11:54pm

It was a great game! Like the announcers said when you got a great pitching matchup it will come down to alittle small ball and an error and sure enough the next inning that happened.

It was wierd to see the words "Fielder - Home Run"  - as a kid I really loved Cecil Fielder and I remember seeing him hit one out of Tiger Stadium!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #69 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 4:34am

my son's friend had won a contest years ago to have their picture taken with cecil fielder.  i still have it.  "prince" is a big kid!

excellent game.  great to see bonderman finally really "on" rather than just teetering.   

hope "miner" strikes gold tonight!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #70 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 4:44am

I hope Miner "gets buried" tonight--the Brewers will "give 'em Hell"-ing!   Wink

And, that Fielder boy can hit!  He's gonna be a much better player than his daddy.

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #71 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 6:18am

Brew... I agree with you he will be a great player down the road (if not soon). Have you ever watched Cecil Fielder back in the day? He could hit but could NOT run... they said last night he had 2 stolen bases in his career. His son on the other hand has 5 this year!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #72 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 8:47am

looks like "miner" struck pure gold tonight!  Wink

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #73 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 9:25am

At the bat too! A double at his first at bat in the majors!

So crazy and strange to hear ESPN guys talking tonight about how they "hope we can cap off this great season with winning it all" and how we are here to stay and how we have a chance at playoffs. Crazy. Sadly they didn't even mention Miner who deserves atleast some props for tonight's game.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #74 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 5:04am

Hey, Brewers salvaged one today.  Sounds like a pretty exciting game--I heard parts of it on the radio.  Luckily, I did hear the Rickie Weeks homer in the 7th!  The Tigers impressed me, though--I had not seen them yet this season.  If they can avoid injuries, they will be playing into October.  That pitching!  And now that they are done playing my Brew Crew, I can start rooting for them to win the A.L.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.