Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
ROMANTICS DVD (Read 11161 times)
oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: ROMANTICS DVD
Reply #75 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 11:14am

Checked the Sunday ads and I have my eye on a Panasonic burner that is on sale and got a high rating from Consumer Reports. I intend to get one in a matter of a few days. Then it will be a matter of reading the manual and figuring out how to use it. One nice thing about the last one was that it was all one button functions, but what good is consumer friendly operation if it breaks in a matter of days. I think Panasonic is a pretty reliable brand.

IP Logged

Rocketdog
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 5:58am

oldfriend wrote on Mar 6th, 2007 at 11:14am:
Checked the Sunday ads and I have my eye on a Panasonic burner that is on sale and got a high rating from Consumer Reports. I intend to get one in a matter of a few days. Then it will be a matter of reading the manual and figuring out how to use it. One nice thing about the last one was that it was all one button functions, but what good is consumer friendly operation if it breaks in a matter of days. I think Panasonic is a pretty reliable brand.

Yes, Panasonic is a pretty reliable brand. If the unit you're looking at is the Panasonic DMR-S15, than it's a very decent model. I got one after Christmas  for an extremely good price (around $130 on sale, I believe) and have yet to have any problems with it. One of the good features about this model is that it uses both DVD-R and DVD+R (or DVD-RW, DVD+RW) discs - where some DVD recorders either use only one format, or the other.

I have mainly used it to copy my old VHS only releases - stuff that hasn't yet made it, or never will, to DVD. The only down side is that if that tape is encoded with Macrovision, which more than a few were, than it will not allow you to copy it. Other than that, though, I've got no complaints.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #77 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 10:16pm

Guess what?

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #78 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 3:26am

"Meet the Romantics".......DVD version?   Huh Shocked

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #79 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 11:43am

The burner works and we got goodies!

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #80 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 10:01am

YAY !!!!!!!!

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #81 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 12:31am

If things go according to plan, I will see Wally today and give him copies of the DVDs. One is a compilation of different things and the other is of last years Rockin On The Riverfront. I must say that I have watched that show several times and it is a blast to watch, especially with all the fine looking women dancing on stage (you know who you are!) during "What I Like About You". The compilation kind of spans their whole career with clips of two songs at the old Bookies Club 870 before they got signed, to a couple of American Bandstand appearances, to some concert stuff from the "In Heat" tour, to several songs with Dave on drums from the "Rhythm Romance" tour, the Good Morning Utah TV show, some clips from the Tastefest show in 2004 and some stuff from the New Years Eve show at the Royal Oak Theater when Rich and Jimmy played  and sang on some tunes. There are some various promos here and there and an MTV interview from the In Heat tour as well. I'll give this stuff to Wally and let him look it over.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #82 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 5:55am

Mmm, mmm.......sounds tasty   Cheesy

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Timster
YaBB Newbies

It all started right here!

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #83 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 6:42am

I'm drooling at the thought of being able to see some stuff that I've never seen before!   Tongue

You got me Bothered, You got me Hot&&I'm Hot & Bothered- I want what you got!

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #84 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 10:27am

Sounds very,very cool.

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #85 - Apr 13th, 2007 at 8:54am

This news is most excellent!   Cool

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #86 - Apr 13th, 2007 at 10:30am

old friend, i sure hope you slipped wally a cold beer before he looked things over. of course you would want to let him know he gets the first of this limited edition touch of the romantics. as brew put it....sounds tasty  Cheesy

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #87 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 8:27pm

its beginning to look a lot like christmas!!

IP Logged

KGRamone
YaBB Newbies

We want new Romantics
tunes!

Louisville, Ky.
Reply #88 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 11:47pm

"Woo-hooooo!!!"

-Kevin, 12:41 p.m., April 26, 2007

http://www.facebook.com/KGRamone  
IP Logged

derailer
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #89 - Jun 9th, 2007 at 5:04am

No price is too much for the DVD with all the stuff on it you mentioned.  I have NOTHING. 

I've been away for awhile, but it looks like the enthusiasm for The Romantics is still running high. 

Those 80s bands had their moments, but none of them have put out anything like 61/49 recently.  What a great CD!  It doesn't sound like an 80s band looking to recapture lost magic.  If I didn't know better, I'd guess this album was released before "The Romantics", with a bunch of guys who are still young, edgy, and not eating regularly.  The tracks are powerful, and the Romantics still have a lot to say in the music world.  This CD should have received airplay.  It's better than anything i've heard on the radio in a long time. 

My recommendation for more airplay is find a young blonde girl with a drinking problem and bring her into the band on keyboard or something.  You don't even have to plug in her keyboard.  Talent is not a requirement in the record industry.  There's no end of airplay for that type of thing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.