Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
ROMANTICS DVD (Read 11097 times)
Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Re: ROMANTICS DVD
Reply #60 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 9:50am

DVD burners are great.  I haven't used a stand alone like you are using but have one on the computer I built.  I also have a very cool program where I can transfer anything onto my computer and go from there.  Cool

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #61 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 9:58am

watching the lions may be interesting at the end of the season, there are more upsets at the end of the season plus the lions are playing for a top draft pic. perhaps a pot of coffee and a lions game can make for a relaxful sunday to figure out and learn the burner......old friend christmas did come early plus didnt you also get some recent snow??

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

dennis

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #62 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 8:28am

Mayhaps we need to make a modest contribution to Santa to make sure oldfriend gets a dvd burner for Christmas.  I would love to see anything oldfriend has of the Romantics.  I have a VHS tape of the Romantics playing "Talkin in Your Sleep" and "Rock You Up" on Band Stand.  Get this!!  The *&#@!!* vcr I recorded it on had a switch to disable the audio!!!!!!  Yep, I don't have the audio.  damn!!  The only thing I remember was Wally telling the audience how many days the Romantics toured each year.  As I remember it was in excess of 372 days a year.  Man it was great being a Romantics fan in the 1980's.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #63 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 11:09pm

I have the burner. I intend to take some time this week and figure out how to use it. The Romantics will absolutely be the first project that I tackle.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #64 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 7:36am

Woo Hoo! It works!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #65 - Jan 30th, 2007 at 8:19am

oldfriend wrote on Jan 29th, 2007 at 7:36am:
Woo Hoo! It works!

"Woo Hoo!" is right!   Wink

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #66 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 7:27am

That's great!   Cool

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #67 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 11:44am

Working on the "Rockin' On The Riverfront" show. I'll let you know how it comes out.

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #68 - Feb 4th, 2007 at 12:46am

Sounds very cool! Keep us updated!

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #69 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 10:42pm

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! This cheap piece of crap "Lite On" DVD burner took a dump!! It freezes up at random times and then the only way to get it going again is to unplug it and plug it back in which ruins the DVD you are trying to record. I wasted 3 DVDs this weekend trying to make copies of some stuff. I'm sending it back this week but now I am back to square one and have to buy a new one. No more cheap off brands. The next one will be a Sony or another name brand.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #70 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 3:55am

hey oldfriend.
I got a cheap DVD recorder at Walmart--it did the same thing-- and what really made me mad was that they wouldn't exchange it (even though 2 of the same DVD burners were exchanged and NEITHER worked.)  It was the worst $100 I ever spent (and unfortunately, can't recoup....)

We forked out a little extra around the holidays and our new DVD burner seems to work really well. Smiley

I've got Imovie and Idvd-- Maybe you and I should get together sometime to see if we can get something to work!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #71 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 7:24am

A little piece of advice.  Buy a Plextor or ASUS.  They are by far the best and most reliable burners IMO.  I have 3 burners and all work great.  You also want some good burning software as well (Nero for example).  Cool

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #72 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 9:16am

While I do have a dvd burner on my new computer(don't know how to use it), the dvd burner that died was a stand alone unit that I just patched in to my line of vcrs and another dvd player. On a better note, before it died, I did manage to make a dvd of the Romantics "Rockin On The Riverfront" show. It came out great. At least I have a master copy of that now, and when I get a new unit, I can make copies for the people here right from that master copy. I was trying to put together the Romantics compilation that I want to make when the stupid burner froze up and died. When I get the new one, that will be my first project.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #73 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 6:57am

I have thought about getting a stand alone unit as well as transfering stuff from VHS is much easier with one of those units but I haven't looked into them much.  I have transferred a few VHS tapes to my computer and burned them to DVD but the process is much longer but does work great when completed.   Cool

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #74 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 12:14pm

no doubt...when it comes to reliable recording or burner a good brand is needed. the inexpensive vhs recorders then the cd to dvd just dont seem to last long or have problems from the start. that just may go for anything. good luck old friend.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.