Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rock N Roll Hall of Fame show review (Read 857 times)
jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Rock N Roll Hall of Fame show review
May 13th, 2006 at 11:22pm

Okay everyone are you ready?....................
Here was the set list:
Rock You Up
Talking in Your Sleep
First In Line
She's Got Everything
What I Like About You

Check this out....Don Felder from the Eagles went on first he was great. Then Sam the Sham went on he was a lot of fun ya know Wolly Bully. The Jody Watley came on then Sal Valentino and in between sets they were auctioning guitars off and paintings and bla bla bla..................

Now the good part the Romantics took the stage around 10:10pm and they Kicked ASS as always !!!
Kicked off with "Rock U Up" and the place was starting to get on their feet. Wally played bass on "First In Line" and "She's Got Everything" and Coz played bass on "What I Like" like he always does. When they broke into "What I like" the crowd went around the fence in front of the stage and was rushing up there dancing around and when they got done the place was still cheering. Of course before "First In Line" while Wally was putting on the bass I yelled out "Wally Rules" !!! Brad was such an awesome showman once again. Coz was in all leather Wally had leather pants on with suit jacket tie and Mike had on purple suite coat black shirt and Brad had on wild striped shirt. Everytime I see these guys they Rock.

Afterwards we set up to meet Wally and the boys at the "House of Blues". Our band was dressed in our leather with the black shirts and ties. Well while I was coming out of the parking garage all these girls were screaming !!! They thought we were the Romantics LMAO !!!
Well finally we get to the "House of Blues" and people thought we were the Romantics and were telling us great show I gave up after awhile saying we are not the Romantics they are on their way. We met up with Andy from "The Chesterfield Kings"(who was super cool) and Mike Skill, Wally Palmar,Brad Elvis, and Mike Lilly their tour manager we had a great time !!! Coz was back at the Hotel he was exhausted.
Some comedy of the night was........
Brad was calling me Coz ...and my drummer Wally.. my bass player Mike Skill.... and our manager was calling Wally ...Jonnie to funny !!!
We all plan on coming up to Detroit for their July 21st show since it is only 2 hrs away. It was an honor to have "The Romantics" practice at our place they have influenced our music so much. And it was even better that they were so cool to us. They took the time to visit without any egos. We look forward to building more of a relationship with them. We were begging Wally to come to Cleveland Aug. 26 for our record release at the House of Blues in Cleveland and play "Rock You Up" with us on stage.
Still on Cloud 9 !!!
Jonnie

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame show review
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2006 at 2:30am

Thanks for the review!  Did you manage to get any photos?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

jonnie2224

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:25am

Sorry almost forgot my manager snuck in a small camera he is supposed to send me the photos when he does I will post them for everyone !!!! He said they look good. There is some of the live performance and there is some from the House of Blues of all of us hanging.
Spoke to Wally before he took off for Detroit we laughed and laughed about the us calling each other by each others names.....Brad started it LMAO !!!!
psssssss.....I also put in Wally's ear to have "The Velvematics" open up for them !!!!
Till the photos !!!
Jonnie

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2006 at 9:14am

wow jonnie, you went over and beyond the call of duty of a roving reporter!!  
GREAT JOB!
thanks for the review and the laughs Grin
sure sounds like you all had a blast!
can't wait to see the pictures too!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.