Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
10 Gigs You Might Have Missed! (Read 1624 times)
solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
10 Gigs You Might Have Missed!
Mar 23rd, 2006 at 8:39pm

10 gigs you might have missed

1962 The Beatles played their first gig in Wales when they appeared at The Regent Dansette in Rhyl, tickets 5 shillings

1963 The Manor House, London, The Blues By Six plus The Rolling Stones, tickets 4 shillings

1966 'The Bowie Showboat' , a lunchtime performance from David Bowie, 'three hours of music and mime', at the Marquee Club, London, plus a top ten disco, admission 3 shillings.

1967 The Move, Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience and Pink Floyd on the same bill at the Tulip Bulb Auction Hall, Spalding, Lincs. Tickets 1

1971 Friars, Aylesbury, The Velvet Underground, tickets 75p.

1975 Led Zeppelin - three night run at Earls Court, London, tickets 1 and 2-50

1980 The Moonlight, West Hampstead, London, U2, tickets 1.50.

1981 The Hope & Anchor, London, Blanmange supported by Depeche Mode, tickets 1. 

1988 The London School Of Economics, The Stone Roses supported by The Charlatans, tickets 2.50

1993 The Wheatsheaf, Stoke On Trent, Radiohead, tickets 3.50

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Re: 10 Gigs You Might Have Missed!
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2006 at 8:52pm

solodka wrote on Mar 23rd, 2006 at 8:39pm:
1967 The Move, Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience and Pink Floyd on the same bill at the Tulip Bulb Auction Hall, Spalding, Lincs. Tickets 1

1975 Led Zeppelin - three night run at Earls Court, London, tickets 1 and 2-50

I would have loved to have seen these!   Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 10:25am

Considering I was born in 1967, my first concert (gotta love it) was a $35 ticket I paid to see the Jackson Victory Tour-- only because everyone in my High School was going....

Didn't ever get to see the Romantics live until the River Rock Cafe concert around 1988... Cold evening about 20-40 people outside, everyone else was inside the bar. 

I'm not sure, but it might have been Johnny B playing the Drums (definitely wasn't Jimmy and I also don't think it was Dave Petratos either.
So... on that list, the earliest concert I might have actually been able to see would have been around 1981... LOL Grin

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 11:18am

My first concert that I actually picked and paid for was Berlin!  I also had to pay for my cousin's ticket too!  I couldn't go unless someone drove me!  He would only take me if I paid for his ticket.  I think I even had to pay for his drinks too!  Ah, the things I had to do before I was 18!  It was 1983 at a bar in Florida called Summers on the Beach.  Might have even been around the same time that The Romantics had their stint in FL recording!  Our paths may have crossed!  Sounds like a game of 6 degrees of....... Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 9:11pm

Summers on the Beach--in Ft.Lauderdale?  I've been there.  That was a great spring break bar.  If I remember correctly, it had 2 stages across from each other so they could alternate bands.

I also saw Berlin in 1983--great show; there couldn't have been more than 150 people there, only $5 to get in.  I remember Terri Nunn had a bunch of pink paint smeared all over her legs.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 10:10am

Do you mean that you were at the same venue that I was?  Or did you see them someplace different?  And yes, that's the same Summer's On The Beach!  It was a big part of my youth! Same with City Limits, Pete and Lenny's (later named Confetti), Backstreet and Penrod's. Then again, so was The Elbo Room on the corner!  Funny thing is, it's still around! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 7:54am

No, I went to Summer's (and Elbo Room) during spring break.  I saw Berlin in Milwaukee at the Eagles' Club in Milwaukee in '83.  Sorry, I guess I didn't make that clear.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 8:03am

Remember who you are dealing with Brew, it's a blonde thing!   Grin

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2006 at 6:48am

Hey,
   Dave Hamblen here. Led Zeppelin actually played 4 nights at Earl's Court May 17,18,23,24,25 1975. I have all of the recordings for these shows. A sound board for the last night surfaced a couple years ago; but there was an audience recording of the last night. And if you missed these, you've definitely got to hear these! The shows are not as good as Zeppelin was 69-73; but still awesome. There is also a complete DVD of the last night pro shot and sound board a must have!!!! As always, Dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2006 at 6:50am

Hey,
    Dave here again! Ooops! I meant 5 nights! As always.....

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.