Bootleg trades (Read 2289 times)
Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Bootleg trades
Mar 18th, 2006 at 9:48pm

Hello all!
I am looking for shows anyone may have recorded to trade. I have 1 from the Bookies Club 1979 and the Canyon Club 2/24/06 and a huge list of other bands. Please contact me privately for info and lists. Sawfish@aol.com. Thanks as always, Dave
I do not sell shows; so please don't ask.

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Bootleg trades
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 12:42am

Is the Bookies show a soundboard or did you record it from where you were sitting or standing? Is it the show that they did with The Boyfriends? If not, do you remember who else played that night? Is the other show a soundboard or audience tape?

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:08am

The Bookies Club 1979 is a sound board from a radio broadcast, it contais 10 tracks; first in Line, running away, She Knows, Gimme one more Chance, Tell it to Carrie, Take me out of the Rain,Stone Pony,What I Like About You, Comin' Home, This Could Be the Last Time. The Canyon Club is my recording and is from a Sharp MD420H with Sonic Stereo Mics and is really good quality as well as the complete show containing 20 tracks. 61/49, Midnight to Six Man, Devil in Me,When I Look In Your Eyes, One in a Million, Rock You Up, I'm Your Man, On A Night Like This, Out of My Mind, Talking in your Sleep,
When the Angels (Hear me Callin'), New Kinda Pain, Tomboy, Little White Lies, First in Line, Tonight,  She's Got Everything, What I Like About You, I need You, I Give You everything
Thanks as always, Dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:17pm

OK. I think I know which Bookies show you are talking about now. In fact, I think I used a couple tracks from that show for the "Meet The Romantics" cd that I put together. The quality of the Bookies show as you know is quite good. I have a fair amount of live stuff from the early days but I am not sure if the source is labeled on the tapes. The only other one I can remember off hand without checking is from the old Silverbird. I know I also have a Royal Oak Theater soundboard from 1980. I guess that I should go through everything and try to catalogue them. You have any video stuff?

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 11:18pm

Now that I think of it, are we sure that this show is from Bookies and not the El Macambo in Toronto?

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 6:21pm

Hello,
    I don't have any video stuff. I am going from the venue given from a trade on the bookies club.  It is very good. I would be interested in what live stuff you have by the Romantics. The Canyon Club 2/24/06 is certain as I recorded the show.  I've never heard the Romantics at El Mocambo, so we may need to compare the gigs. I've only got these two recordings of the Romantics Live; but I've numerous other bands live. Of course I have the King Buscuit show. As always, Dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 6:26pm

Hello,
     I'm interested in the Old Royal Oak sound board you have as well as El Mocambo or The Bookies Club. This is from a Readio Broadcast if it helps at all. I got the Bookies Club from a friend in Australia.
I'd be interested in everything you might have live. Thanks as always, Dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:25pm

What happened to  Old Friend??? I'm trying to get a couple more shows.  Chicago '01 and a couple of radio broadcasts. I can't believe more people don't love the Romantics Live!!!!

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:44pm

hambone, oldfriend will be back.  he doesn't stop by as often as some of us! Wink

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 9:49pm

Graciass!!! Thanks, Hambone

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 5:44am

Is there  nobody else out there who'd like to trade? I can't believe there's only a pair of us!
I have Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Smiths, Morrissey, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lime Spiders, Go Betweens, Chicago, Gun's N Roses, 10,000 Maniacs, Aimee Mann, Aerosmith etc. Trade only. Anyone interested can send me there lists and ask for mine. I'd really like to get some more of the Romantics shows.Thanks as always, Dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 10:49pm

I am working on another cd now that will have some pre-Nemperor live tracks from a few different sources.

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #12 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 9:51am

Old Friend, I am still interested in the El Mocambo and the other Sound Board you mentioned! I would love to have a listen to anything you might have! I have couple on the way, a show and a couple of radio broadcasts! Can't wait to hear them! I also am trading for a bookies club 1979 to make sure I have the bookies and not  a different show. Anyway! If you'd like my trade list, droip me an e mail at Sawfish@aol.com! Thanks as always, dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 4:09am

To All, Hello Again! Well, the CD I have is definately the Bookies Club 1979. But, I also have just added these to my trade lists! The Romantics Chicago 2001, WFMU  Live on the Radio 2003 and the third is also a live radio broadcast acoustic set on WDET radio. So now I have 5 to offer  for trade of other Romantics live recordings! Thanks for looking. Anyone interested can e mail me for my complete trade lists.  Thanks, As always, Dave
Bookies Club 1979 1 CD
Canyon Club 2/24/06 1CD
Chicago 2001 1CD
WFMU Radio 1CD
WDET Acoustic set 1CD

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 11:49pm

Hey Hambone, can you post the set list from the Bookies show?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.