Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Romantics show in Chile - Review (Read 1614 times)
Esteban
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Santiago, Chile
Romantics show in Chile - Review
Mar 18th, 2006 at 5:43am

Cool
Dear friends...tomorrow, a complete review on last night concert.

Set list, speaking to Wally, my pics with the guys and some much more...

regards to all of you,

Esteban.

IP Logged

Jeanine

I Love YaBB 2!

Jersey Shore
Re: Romantics show in Chile - Review
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 1:34pm

Alright Esteban!   Smiley

IP Logged

Hambone
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sherman Oaks, California
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 9:41pm

Has anyone recorded any of the Romantics shows? I'd be interested in a trade! Looking for the Belly Up gig 2/25/06, Chile etc. Please let me know. You can contact me at Sawfish@aol.com for information or trade lists. Thanks as always, Dave

As always, Dave Hamblen

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 11:23pm

Esteban!!!

I can't wait to hear how you enjoyed the show and meeting the band! Smiley

If you haven't signed up for our yahoo group, please take a moment to do that and then you can share your photos with everyone! Smiley

Here's the link to the site (Our group is called: "TheRomanticsFans" and is located on www.yahoogroups.com)

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheRomanticsFans/join

--Iris

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Esteban
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Santiago, Chile
Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 5:49am

Dear guys...sorry, sorry , sorry for my delay..

It`been busy days since me and my wife are expecting our first baby Romantic for this april..so everything`s crazy.

Ok, here it goes.

It was an awesome night !!. The Romantics did a powerful and energetic show mixing the classics with several tunes from the 61/49 album..in fact, they started the set with 61/49...
I will send the complete set list asap, but some of the song included were One in a million, Talking in Your Sleep, Tell it To Carrie, Rock You Up, Out of my mind, When I Look...., etc.

I never knew that Wally used to play the bass and Mike the guitars on some of the songs...funny to see that!..Coz is a great musician and he got very close to the audience several times...people got completely crazy!!...and Brad...what can I say....he is a showman..charismatic and so funny.....girls were enchanted by him!!

Wally is a great frontman..talented guitarrist, singer and very kind to the audience...they did a 2 song encore and after that...we waited for a very short meet & greet.

I got some sealed cd`s of chilean rock bands and gave it to Coz, Mike and Wally....they were very happy and surprised with the gifts...hope they like the music!!!
They signed my IN HEAT cd and also, a Live album I purchased from Ebay some time ago and released by EMI-Capoto in USA.
Wally told me he never saw this cd before but Mike confirmed he did.

Me and Wally had a brief talk about Clem Burke, who I met last year and gave me a CBGB black shirt...Wally said..."Nice shirt"...so I told him the story and my long walk along Santiago with Clem.

After that, we went out of the venue and realized that I was completely deaf...until the other day...

Is very difficult to tell in some lines how great was this experience for me...I worked for 8 years at Universal Music in Chile, but you know, it`s always a big thing meeting the bands you really like.

I wish I could have the chance to spend more time with Wally ans talk about music...but it was great...and really have to thank to the girls that gave me this opportunity.

**the show was recorded by Tiempo radio station and anyone interested on a copy, please let me know and will arrange on shipping...

The pictures are now available at  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheRomanticsFans

thanks again and keep in contact!!

Rock you Up!!

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 7:31am

Thanks for the pictures Esteban!  Glad that we could make it happen for you and again, thanks for sharing!  Does this mean you are going to have a boy?  What should we expect the name to be?  Wally, Mike, Coz or Brad? Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Jeanine

I Love YaBB 2!

Jersey Shore
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 8:11am

Thank you Esteban for the great review and pix!  God Bless with you're new bundle of joy!  Smiley

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 8:31am

Looking forward to some more photos from Chile in a few days!  With a little finger crossing and holding my breath that is! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

detroitrocker
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 8:51am

THANX FOR THE REVIEW!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.